Hi can anyone help with this please!?!? - MustangForums.com

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
Unhappy Hi can anyone help with this please!?!?

i have a 1988 gt. when i got it, it had been sitting for 3 years or so. but indoors.
Anyways, I replaced fuel lines, fuel pump, fuel filter dis. egn. plugs wires did a major tune up new mas air sensor and cone filter. she ran really good was out of time a little but got it timed and set idl. Now here is the problem last week it would start drive for about 3-4 mins and shut down. and would just turn over but wouldn't start. I would let it sit for a few hours and it would fire right up. i let it run for about an hour just sitting in park. So i thought it might have been fuel pressure reg so i changed it. still did it. So i found out it was the Nersua Switch in the trunk so i replaced it. When i replaced it i did what the directions told me to do disconnected the neg batt term and installed switch. It fixed my problem. But now i will start my car and it will be fine ill run it drive it its good.
but when i turn it off and start it again it will ideal nice and as soon as i rev it it pops and cracks out of the drivers exhaust about mid way i have duel chamber flowmasters i cut the back cats out but ive done that with previous stangs never been a problem for me. When it pops its not when winding down or being cold. It dose it every other start up it seems like and it sounds nasty not a good pop sounds the same as a built 302 winding down from high rev kinda like a back fire but a lil nastyer i.d.k ive checked almost everything and cant figure it if anyone has any ideas or input it would be nice and appreciated Thanks.
LongBeach.88 is offline   Reply With Quote

1995, 37, driver's side, exsaust, idl, mustang, nershua switch!, popingnoise, problems