5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

HELP!!!!!!!back with fuel problems again

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 PM
ebourd

Default HELP!!!!!!!back with fuel problems again

so i have a 92 gt 5.0 that just randomly loses fuel pressure i have change two pumps have installed bbk pressure reg change ignition module,coil, fuel and ac relays i change injectors idk what it is i need any ideas please help when it dies im only registaring 20psi
Old 06-19-2012, 12:24 AM
russellthelovemuscle
2nd Gear Member

with a fuel pressure regulator you need to run a return style system, if you got that then trace your fuel system. check your strainer filters in your fuel tank and your fuel filter. you can try blowing out your lines with an air compressor. if anything comes out maybe you found your problem.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:40 AM
ebourd

Only problem is everything is clean its something electronic just what though?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:37 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

try a new fuel pump relay
Old 07-12-2012, 08:38 AM
theslyfox

how bout this one sunday morning i get up to go to church i crank my car it runs just fine. after church that day i come back out to leave and go to crank my car and low and behold my fuel pump wont come on so i got a new relay didnt fix my problem. had it towed home where i began to test things. i jumpered the relay and fuel pump came on. so my pump is good. i tested to make sure i was gettn the right voltage to the pump and im gettn' 12 so thats good. i looked at my ignition switch it was fubard so i proceeded to get another. that didnt fix my problem although before i got the new switch i jiggled my wires in the steering column coming from the switch and it cut on a couple of times but my car would still not crank and run. it will spin over all day im assuming its the wiring from my switch to my pump relay. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:29 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

bad connection at the harness connector, replace the connector for ign switch^^^^^^^
Old 07-15-2012, 12:01 AM
theslyfox

but my warning lights come on and cut off like they are supposed to when i turn on the key.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Tokyodrifttony

Did you try checking the inertia switch? idk where yours would be but mines hidden under a panel by the driver side tail on the inside of the car, id check to make sure that hasnt been popped out from an unknown fender bender while you were at church...
Old 07-19-2012, 09:24 AM
theslyfox

the person i bought it from disconnected the inertia switch. anyways i replaced the ignition conncector and still nothing!!! im so EFFIN confused wtf can it be. i see a fusible link on a wiring diagram comin from my pump relay but i cant find it you have any idea where it is?
Old 07-19-2012, 10:16 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by theslyfox
but my warning lights come on and cut off like they are supposed to when i turn on the key.
that means nothing, there are numerous feeds from the switch that branch off to power stuff, 1 branch may be bad

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!!!back with fuel problems again