5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Pro-M 75mm + new 24lb injectors runs crappy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 08:45 PM
marlyman
2nd Gear Member

Default Pro-M 75mm + new 24lb injectors runs crappy?

So just got this 75mm Chrome MAF calibrated for 24lb injecors, got some rebuilt 24s both from ebay - i put it all together but now im running super weird like clogged or something..i did base idle reset, idles good but when i throw some revs it studders almost, inbetween 2k-3k rpms theres are clogg kind of feeling so i took all injectors an fuel rails apart to make sure a proper installation an tried again but same thing..any ideas??

do i have to change anything else/do anything else besides change maf an actual injectors? would a stock fpr work on 24lb injectors?

i put my adj fpr on for kicks to rule out pressure problem but maybe i didnt adjust it properly...i mean i set it to 39 with vacuum line off, with line on it goes down to like 26-30 more around 30 but even if i adjust it up or down it doesnt go past 40 wit vac line off or on...

another thing is when i bring the rpms to a steady 2k after about a minute maybe a little less without y foot moving a hair on the pedal my rpms drop to like 1.5k by itself im thinking something to do with throttle body?? i got a 65mmtb.. ????
Old 07-29-2012, 11:41 PM
marlyman
2nd Gear Member

Update : Kept 24lb injectors on but took off the maf, put old stock 19lb maf on and now got a lot of power better than with the 19 lb in..super happy finally got my performance! im sure it could run a bit better but since i put my heads on ive had trouble finding my torque/power but im happy for the time being - im guessing the maf i got was calibrated different somehow than what i need...it said it was a 75mm pro-m maf calibrated for 24lb injectors but just didnt work right maybe i can get it calibrated or something...wonder if i could get much more hp out of my setup if i run a proper MAF...Think the maf couldve been set up for a larger throttlebody? mines a 65mm ..?
Old 07-30-2012, 09:20 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

what brand are the 24's??
Old 07-30-2012, 09:26 PM
marlyman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
what brand are the 24's??
FORD MUSTANG COBRA 87 - 93 24LB 24 LB FUEL INJECTORS is what the ebay listing was...they were fully rebuilt and are blue in color : ) im guessing the original owner of the maf had a larger throttle body? im stumped dunno what the heck...an hey mj it was u who said go pro-m! :P haha my luck uuhgg got the chrome 75mm pro-m calibrated for 24s in cold air fendermounted (which i have) for only 135 buckaroos not bad eh? if only it would work tho : (
Old 07-30-2012, 09:29 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by marlyman
FORD MUSTANG COBRA 87 - 93 24LB 24 LB FUEL INJECTORS is what the ebay listing was...they were fully rebuilt and are blue in color : ) im guessing the original owner of the maf had a larger throttle body? im stumped dunno what the heck...an hey mj it was u who said go pro-m! :P haha my luck uuhgg got the chrome 75mm pro-m calibrated for 24s in cold air fendermounted (which i have) for only 135 buckaroos not bad eh? if only it would work tho : (
never had a prob with a pro-m that I bought new, what I'm getting at with the inj's are there are a lot of chineese knock offs on the market, more so it fell into the category of the 42's but wouldn't be suprised if the 24's you got are not true frpp's
Old 07-30-2012, 09:51 PM
marlyman
2nd Gear Member

so ur saying u think the 24s i got arent truely 24s? an thats y they work well with my stock maf an not well with the calibrated pro-m maf? they looked brand new not rebuilt so im guessin theyr knockoffs too...they were 100 bux on ebay...motor runs way better with them instead of the 19lbs i had but the old 19s i had were beat to crapp an old so maybe oh hell i dunno : (
Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

100 bucks..ehh, i'd swap in a known good set of 24's of good brand if you have any friends that'll let you borrow some
Old 08-02-2012, 07:40 PM
sjd3021
1st Gear Member

isnt a tune needed when the maf & injectors are replaced? i dont think you can put those parts on without one. running the stock maf with the 24# isnt a good choice, it might be running better but i bet your air/fuel mixture is not good.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:24 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

the pro-M tricks the computer into trying to work with the larger injectors. Sometimes they work but most tuners do not like them.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:42 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sjd3021
isnt a tune needed when the maf & injectors are replaced? i dont think you can put those parts on without one. running the stock maf with the 24# isnt a good choice, it might be running better but i bet your air/fuel mixture is not good.
I got into a huge battle with a bunch of retards on the SN95 forum over this. But to answer your question. These items are supposed to work without a retune. Thats not saying it's the best way to do things. And for optimum performance a tune would be advised. But the car should run ok without a tune.

Quick Reply: Pro-M 75mm + new 24lb injectors runs crappy?