5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

It's almost about to start but...

Old 02-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

Default It's almost about to start but...

As my summer break looms closer and closer coupled with the fact that I got my bargain Eclipse to pass emissions and it is time to start amassing parts. Before that though, I need some answers from y'all.

I plan on first rebuilding my motor and then doing a five lug swap with front and rear disks. After much research, I'm going to stay vacuum boost though I really want to do the hydroboost thing. But alas, time. Anyways, for the five lug swap, I wanted to use the TSW Valencia wheels package from american muscle shown here: http://www.americanmuscle.com/matte-...eels-9498.html with the 8in up front and 9.5 out back. I was wondering, what trouble will I have mounting the rear? I know the front will be ok but the rears have me a wee bit worried.

Also before I start this project, should I take the time to do anything else while I'm there? Like suspension mods that should be done along with the five lug swap? I have an O'Reilly employee discount so give me some ideas.

Also, on a more urgent note, my car has generated quite an annoying squeak on the passenger tire. Whenever a bump is hit, it'll squeak very audibly. I'm at a loss since ball joints, tie rods, sway bar bushings, and struts are all new. THe rack is only a year old also. I have also noticed that the powersteering pump is squeeling too even with full fluid. Where should I look in order to solve this squeaking issue? I'm afraid it's going to fall apart one day. Only front end component not changed recently is the control arm bushing but I checked and greased them and they were fine until recently. The car doesn't squeak when you push on it at a stand still also, only when in motion. A very harsh whine can also be heard when doing sharp turns like u-turns.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dj_Seph
As my summer break looms closer and closer coupled with the fact that I got my bargain Eclipse to pass emissions and it is time to start amassing parts. Before that though, I need some answers from y'all.

I plan on first rebuilding my motor and then doing a five lug swap with front and rear disks. After much research, I'm going to stay vacuum boost though I really want to do the hydroboost thing. But alas, time. Anyways, for the five lug swap, I wanted to use the TSW Valencia wheels package from american muscle shown here: http://www.americanmuscle.com/matte-...eels-9498.html with the 8in up front and 9.5 out back. I was wondering, what trouble will I have mounting the rear? I know the front will be ok but the rears have me a wee bit worried.

Also before I start this project, should I take the time to do anything else while I'm there? Like suspension mods that should be done along with the five lug swap? I have an O'Reilly employee discount so give me some ideas.
It sounds like you have some really cool plans for your Mustang this Spring, I look forward to following along with your build! As far as the wheels goes, as long as you do the 5 lug swap, there's no reason why you couldn't use that set up. There's a ton of fox body guys out there running 10 inch wide wheels in the back!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
Old 02-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

Thanks mate! You guys will be taking a lot of my money this summer. lol Do you guys stock the kit to make the e-brake work with the rear disks or the correct proportioning valve?