5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I need all the help i can get from the fuel injection pros

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 04:58 PM
big ben
2nd Gear Member

Default I need all the help i can get from the fuel injection pros

hey guys ive been outta the mustang scene for 5 years or so but just picked up a 92 gt 5 speed its in real nice shape and heavily modded (compaired to anything ive owned) the problem is im not completely sure whats done to it so I will list what I can see and tell you my problem...... what ive been told it is a stock bottom end with an E303 cam, aluminum gt40x heads, tubular looking intake (gt40?), plenum spacer, red fuel injectors 30#?), bbk throttle body, bbk CAI, bbk maf (the maf has 2 spots to be scribed on the cover 1st one says 302 the second box that says calibration is BLANK), shorty headers, flowmasters, accel coil, and I was told it has a cobra computer but I don't know about that and 4.10 gears....so heres my problem the car runs like a bag of a$$ (stumbling and misfiring) when its cold when it warms up it runs a bit better (not great) but it always smells crazy rich (after a 15min ride I smeel like fuel from being in the car!)... the guy I got the car from said he got codes 67 and 11 I know the 67 is the clutch so I put a 20a fues in the plug to bypass the switch before I did anything... then I took it for a spin around town but didn't erase codes first. I got home and this is what I got 67 12 94 16 39 12 94 16 39 1 I think (first time pulling codes)..I know with the 67 it wont run the koeo tests I tried to self test after I pulled those codes but the cel wouldn't flash (due to the 67 still being there?)...idk if it would be a related problem but the car wont start with the key but will fire when I put 12v to the small pin on the sol. even after jumping the clutch switch. I know the car has not been tuned for any of the mods could it be as simple as bring it to have it tuned? do these mods even require a tune? im stumped between the code 67 the key not working and no calibration mark on the maf where do I start any help is great thanks to all that read my long winded post if theres any more info that would help ill try to get it...
Old 06-08-2013, 05:51 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Start with finding out exactly what MAF, injectors, and computer it has. Plenty of folks around here can help deduce what they actually are. Then we can narrow down what might be wrong. First things first, 30# is way too much injector. That engine would be fine with a stock set, but a suitable upgrade would be 24#. As far as codes, disregard them all until it's not rich anymore. These computers don't have the tolerances of an OBD-II setup. Running as rich as you are will make everything askew.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:23 PM
big ben
2nd Gear Member

I know the computer has the numbers on it but how do I tell for sure
what maf and injectors it has?
Old 06-08-2013, 09:59 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

The injectors will(should) be color coded. Some aftermarkets might vary.

As far as the numbers on the MAF and computer, post 'em. Pics too if you can. Someone here will know.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

Does it have an aftermarket regulator? If not id start there on a rich issue! 30s with prolly a 19# maf and a stock regulator could get a lot of fuel dumped into the cyl. Timing fuel pressure etc there are a lot of minor things you can do to check for errors in the cars setup! The ecm look for a9L a9p etc and post it then someone can tell u what computer you have.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:15 AM
mattkoly
2nd Gear Member

+1 on the regulator. Mine was dumping fuel. Do u have a fuel pressure gauge.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:50 PM
big ben
2nd Gear Member

im posting pics for the first time so I don't know if its going to work but on the maf notice the calibration is blank??????? im going to check out the comp now...as for the FPR I don't have a gauge right now but im thinking about going to get 1..the reg itself looks pretty new but so does everything on this car...the vacuum line smells a little like fuel but only a hint.. im not sure what the car has for a fuel pump but I am going to work on getting that gauge
Attached Thumbnails I need all the help i can get from the fuel injection pros-e41a0465.jpg   I need all the help i can get from the fuel injection pros-e41a0466.jpg  

Last edited by big ben; 06-11-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: wrong info
Old 06-11-2013, 02:36 PM
big ben
2nd Gear Member

ok I got the comp out and it doesn't have the numbers and letters I remember seeing before when I had an a9l in a diff car... heres what I have I looks to be a reman im not sure if there is anything done to it...with my mods would a stock untouched a9L or other gt comp run my car? do these mods require a dyno tune or some kind if chip if not am I leaving a lot on the table by not having it tuned??

-numbers on comp=081058435210954 remfg
=mb-3d
it has 4352 scribed on the side of the plug
Old 06-11-2013, 02:37 PM
big ben
2nd Gear Member

mods=stock bottom end with an E303 cam, aluminum gt40x heads, tubular looking intake (gt40?), plenum spacer, 19# venum injectors, bbk throttle body, bbk CAI, bbk maf, shorty headers, flowmasters, accel coil, and I was told it has a cobra computer but I don't know about that and 4.10 gears

Last edited by big ben; 06-11-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: wrong info
Old 06-11-2013, 02:41 PM
big ben
2nd Gear Member

the comp I was told it is a stock (no tune) cobra comp but I doubt it
Attached Thumbnails I need all the help i can get from the fuel injection pros-1-1-.jpg   I need all the help i can get from the fuel injection pros-3-1-.jpg   I need all the help i can get from the fuel injection pros-3-2-.jpg   I need all the help i can get from the fuel injection pros-4.jpg  

Quick Reply: I need all the help i can get from the fuel injection pros