5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

suggestions on cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

Default RE: suggestions on cold air intake

first off im not your buddy and you must not know what youre talking about. cause the stock air box only breaths cold air from teh fender. it doesnt breath in any air from the motor bay
Old 10-14-2005, 09:12 PM
FoMoCo
2nd Gear Member

It's amazing how a guy with 8 posts is going to argue with one of the top guys in the forums.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

believe it or not 99.9% of those posts are only in this forum. 5.0mustang...i have no interest in posting in the others
Old 10-15-2005, 03:48 PM
page90lx

ORIGINAL: Quik

do some searching buddy then reply back. the gain isnt from the filter in the fender its from teh tubing being smoothed out
No and im not yours either! and i do know what im talking about, it was a simple answer to a simple question yes it will support the horsepower but the the turbulence issue is still there all you are doing is having the tube you put on work harder because of the airflow path basic areodynamics dude.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:54 PM
page90lx

[quote]ORIGINAL: FoMoCo

It's amazing how a guy with 8 posts is going to argue with one of the top guys in the forums.

Dont judge people by the amount of post they have so what if he is the top post in this forum is he right is he wrong who knows i just speak from things i have learned over 20 year messing with cars.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

sorry try again. tests proven that the stock air box isnt a factor when robbing power

also for your quote above this. my post count is high only cause of info i provided not cause im a post *****. 20yrs of car experience, does it really matter if you are wrong? no it doesnt. if you have to say anything about youre experience you lack it more then you know.

if stock air box doesnt hurt performance at all around 500hp then why do you need to upgrade to a fender placed air filter? 500hp is more then enough to get you 10s if you know how to build a car

you also stated it breaths hot air but you also got 20yrs of experience but with 20yrs of experience you would know that it doesnt breath in hot air from the motor bay and only breaths in cold air from the inner fender
ORIGINAL: page90lx

ORIGINAL: Quik

do some searching buddy then reply back. the gain isnt from the filter in the fender its from teh tubing being smoothed out
No and im not yours either! and i do know what im talking about, it was a simple answer to a simple question yes it will support the horsepower but the the turbulence issue is still there all you are doing is having the tube you put on work harder because of the airflow path basic areodynamics dude.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:11 PM
page90lx

The fact of the matter is that there are a million variations to fixing every problem. That is why the mustang is one of the most highly modified cars of all time. Try being more subjective instead of objective. Every builder uses different methods to accomplish gain. Being to opinionated in the long run will cause you to lose a lot of knowledge coming from experienced mechanics. Just because it is not the method you prefer does not make it wrong. There is a lot to be learned in the number of motors you have modified over the years. Sorry if I mislead you to believe that the stock airbox pulled hot air. It was a typo. The denser the air the better combution you will have. Turbulence also causes power lose. Plain physics. For the air box issue, you have claimed the airbox will support 500 hp. That may be true. Air to fuel mixture is a ratio that very at every rpm range, all horsepower and any other component added to that system. Depending on the powerband you are looking to improve will have an effect on your choices of air intake. Well, use your own judgement. Opinions are one thing, combustion is another. It may not be a considerable gain but air through a cai is better thats my opinion from my 20 years i havent learned any thing
Old 10-17-2005, 10:12 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

I retract my previous statement.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:21 PM
FoMoCo
2nd Gear Member

nevermind.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:24 PM
BADNOTCH
2nd Gear Member

I put the bbk fender kit on. Its good for looks and thats about it.