5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

93 Gt Fuel Pump Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:12 PM
wesmetzger

Default 93 Gt Fuel Pump Problems

[/align]
Hello Everyone!
I am having a problem with my fue pump and was curious if anyone could maybe help shed some lite on this matter maybe from past experiences or whatnot??

Anyway, the car is pretty much bone stock and has been running really great. Last week I went to leave for work and the car wouldnt start. I noticed the fuel pump was not turning on. I caught a ride to work and when I came home that night I got in the car, turned the key on and the pump turned on and the car started perfectly?? ( this is where i scratched my head)

The car has been running great and then a couple fo days ago I stop for coffee and go to get back into the car and the same problem?? I scanned the car and Im getting a fault code of 95 which I know meens secondary fuel pump circuit failure - ECM to Ground. I was just curious if anyone could point me in the right direction for a proper diagnosis?? ANy help would be greatly appreciated!![/align]
Old 04-01-2008, 10:26 PM
wesmetzger

Default RE: 93 Gt Fuel Pump Problems

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all of your help!!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:42 PM
brentloftis
2nd Gear Member

Did you find a asnwer or are you bumping the forum?

Did you reset the inertia switch?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:03 PM
silentvoice19
2nd Gear Member

make sure its not the fuel pump relay goin. I bypassed my inertia switch. I had the same problems and my fuel pump went. It was doin the on/off thing and then 1 day wham its done.i replaced the fuel pump relay and im waiting on my new fuel pump so i hope it works. Go to Napa and ask for part number AR671. Thats the fuel pump relay. If you go anywhere else they will give u the wrong one.heres a wireing diagram also.

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/#Diagrams

Old 04-02-2008, 11:26 PM
wesmetzger

Heys Guys,

To be honest, I was just being a butt becuase no one had offered any help. Thanks for your input. The inertia switch has not been tripped. I finally got home from work at a decent hour yesterday and went out to check the car. Turned the key on and the pump primed perfectly? I did get a relay from NAPA and they gave me the wrong one. I know the 93 has 2 relays beneth the MAF Sensor so I changed the one with the pink/black wire as noted in the diagram just to be on the safe side. I gues I will have to see if she lets me down again?? The reason I dont think it is the pump is becuase when the car is running I have absolutely no problems whatsoever?? Kinda dumbfounded
Old 04-03-2008, 04:55 PM
silentvoice19
2nd Gear Member

ok i told u the part number to get at napa. The part their goin to give you is wrong im not telling you this because im bored im tryin to help you out. also check your ground in the trunk should be right under the latch.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
wesmetzger

Hello silentvoice,

I did get the correct relay and I have power there and on both sides of my inertia switch. I am going to check the ground for the pump near the latch. Ill let you know what happens! Thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 11:21 AM
silentvoice19
2nd Gear Member

lol dude i had the same problem it sucks trust me.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

I NEVER go to NAPA for anything. I cant recall how many times they tried giving me the wrong part. I know it was wrong because i took the old part with me, and they still grabbed the wrong one off the shelf or ordered the wrong one!?

Whenever you have an electrical problem, always check the grounds. Could be loose or a little corrosion. You could have an intermittent short either in a component, or in the wires to/from the component. Have fun trying to find out where if thats the case.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:11 PM
silentvoice19
2nd Gear Member

i told him to go to napa because if he went anywhere else they would have given him the wrong part also. I went through the same BS when a guy from napa helped me so i kept the part number and told him.Also he is checking ground hes checking voltage everywhere.

Quick Reply: 93 Gt Fuel Pump Problems