5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Alarm fob programming

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 09:56 AM
Razzoo

Default Alarm fob programming

How do people always lose a key fob? My '93 LX came with only one so I bought a few used spares. But I am betting that I need a locksmith to program them. I say that because when I bought my '06 Jeep, it too only had one and I had to get a locksmith to program the new ones. Seems that unless you have two, the systems will not allow another fob to be programmed which keeps car jockeys from programming one and then stealing your car. Makes sense. But it is a PITA.

Any help out there on how I might program these myself? I don't want to experiment and louse up the one I have. It is difficult enough to keep the damn alarm from going off now.

Thanks!
Razzoo
Old 05-21-2017, 10:42 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

If your 93 mustang has a keyless entry system it was a dealer option or someone installed an SN95 keyless entry module. There are multiple aftermarket options that worked with the factory harness, but I do not recall any fox body mustangs coming with factory keyless entry. If you have a ford factory key fob then it is most likely from the 94-98 SN95 mustangs.

You will need to locate the keyless entry module to verify what is being used. Depending on who installed it it could be located in the behind the drivers kick panel or mounted up under the dash close to the steering column someplace.

If you can verify that it is infact an SN95 module (it will say on the sticker ) then you can find the pinout diagram to trace down the 2 wires that need to be momentarily jumped to put the module into programming mode.

But first you need to verify what module is being used.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:15 AM
Razzoo

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Later!
Razzoo
Old 05-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Razzoo

Originally Posted by dawson1112
If your 93 mustang has a keyless entry system it was a dealer option or someone installed an SN95 keyless entry module. There are multiple aftermarket options that worked with the factory harness, but I do not recall any fox body mustangs coming with factory keyless entry. If you have a ford factory key fob then it is most likely from the 94-98 SN95 mustangs.

You will need to locate the keyless entry module to verify what is being used. Depending on who installed it it could be located in the behind the drivers kick panel or mounted up under the dash close to the steering column someplace.

If you can verify that it is infact an SN95 module (it will say on the sticker ) then you can find the pinout diagram to trace down the 2 wires that need to be momentarily jumped to put the module into programming mode.

But first you need to verify what module is being used.
That explains why I couldn't find anything on the internet for the '93 or older fobs.

Thanks!
Razzoo
Old 06-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Sturm
1st Gear Member

Hey could you take pics of fob and and main unit, Im thinking of adding sn95 system to my 93. Looking for part #'s on main unit.....

Thanks
Old 06-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Razzoo

As it stands right now, I am leaning toward ripping this POS out of the car. I have tried putting it in valet mode, no go. I have tried programming new fobs, no go. But the thing will arm itself without any help. Two weeks ago, I parked the car, started cleaning up the garage and went to bang nail into the wall and the damn alarm went off. Last Saturday, I started the car, shut it down and when I closed the garage door, it banged in the track and the alarm went off! And like a friend of mine who owns a convertible said, if they want teh car or something inside, they'll just cut the top.

Later!
Razoo
Old 06-14-2017, 11:39 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Razzoo
As it stands right now, I am leaning toward ripping this POS out of the car. I have tried putting it in valet mode, no go. I have tried programming new fobs, no go. But the thing will arm itself without any help. Two weeks ago, I parked the car, started cleaning up the garage and went to bang nail into the wall and the damn alarm went off. Last Saturday, I started the car, shut it down and when I closed the garage door, it banged in the track and the alarm went off! And like a friend of mine who owns a convertible said, if they want teh car or something inside, they'll just cut the top.

Later!
Razoo
SO Im assuming it was an after market job then huh?
Old 06-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Razzoo

No, dealer installed option. The company I bought the fobs from asked if I have any codes showing and I told them I have a 5-1 sir bag code and what it means. According to them, when the computer is throwing any codes, it can not be put into valet mode or re-program any new fobs. So I need to see if my mechanic can find the firewall short so the module can be replaced.

Later!
Razzoo
Old 01-05-2020, 12:28 AM
StuartMeaker

I would prefer to buy that fob from a locksmith than to buy it from the dealer store.