5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Trick flow top end kit low power?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 09:05 AM
Buck Sergeant
2nd Gear Member

Could use more info concerning your fuel system.
All are on the money; fuel pump, fuel filter. Definitely learn how to read spark-plugs. Had the same problem with 87 Gt 331 stroker. I had the wrong fuel pressure setting. I would strongly recommend a "fuel pressure regulator." Nothing beats proper preventive maintenance.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:07 AM
Buck Sergeant
2nd Gear Member

Default trik flow top end kit low power

Could use more info concerning your fuel system.
All are on the money; fuel pump, fuel filter. Definitely learn how to read spark-plugs. Had the same problem with 87 Gt 331 stroker. I had the wrong fuel pressure setting. I would strongly recommend a "fuel pressure regulator." Nothing beats proper preventive maintenance.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:48 AM
yurizx6r
3rd Gear Member

How new was the motor and when did you tune it? Also, check your spark (test coil, plugs, wires, check for vacuum leaks, and yeah you could also be getting used to it, but if it's popping then something is going out. In rare cases, your computer could have gone bad. It happened to me. When it was cold it would buck and run like crap, but when it heated up it got better. Chased the ghost for months. Swapped my friends ECU and all of a sudden it ran quiter, stronger, and silky smooth while gaining 5 MPGs.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:23 PM
schecterplayer
1st Gear Member

I think I have narrowed my issue to the BAMA tune. I'm using the stock ecu now and adjusting timing myself. Much more power. I forgot about this thread and asked in another thread about a FPR. not sure if I need one. Also not sure if I need a bigger fuel pump