5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Head install question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 06:19 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: reall close to 320

Any one?
Old 11-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

[sm=feedback.gif]
Old 11-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

one question is why are you buying a performer intake when you have a cobra one?

swapping to MAF will be benefical right now. yes you can tune SD but it will be a pain for you to live with
Old 11-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

your gain figures are unrealistic. youre not going to see no where near a 100hp with just a intake and rockers. you must play playstation to much and figure those fake numbers are realistic numbers
ORIGINAL: ItalianStalion

-Edelbrock Performer Intake -40-50 horse gain
-Edelbrock Perfomer heads with 1.7 roller rockers -probably real close to 60 horse bolt on
-65mm TB 8 horses
-Mac shorty headers
-UPR O/R X-pipe around 15 with full exhaust
-Magna flows
-3.73 gears no horse gain
-BBK cold air intake around 4
you probably have around 320 i would suppose... it all depends on how well your engines running and if you have it tuned.... get a diablo sport tune and they will milk some good power out of it... also side note.... i would get a fuel pressure regulator... and a kenn-bell boosta pump or mayb just a 190 without any boost or 225 if you go boost

Old 11-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

The reason I bought the Performer Intake is because I am the type of person who likes to match up everything, I dont really like mixing brands So I figured Eddy heads, Eddy intake, and Eddy TB.

Im hoping for at least 80hp out of all this I will be switching over to MAF soon after this, im just I little concered with doing it myself, I dont like messing with the electronics of the car. If I can get some help doing it or just pay someone to do it for me I would.

Also does anyone have an answer about the bushing kit?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:45 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

Also does anyone have an answer about the bushing kit?
I did a search on summit and found what you were talking about. I read the description and it sounds like you will need them.

Also if your able to do this h/i swap you should be able to do a maf swap no problem with a good set of directions.

Good luck, sounds like you have a week of fun ahead.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:35 AM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

I just did what you are about to undertake to the T.. the MAF conversion is easy get a wiring hanress from Interactive Systems & Technologies... teh directions they supplied and kit is easy..... Make sure to order the Edelbrock bushing kit I made that mistake and had to fix my heads.... make sure you replace the dowel pins when the heads are off I had to take the whole engine apart becuase of one F'in dowel pin......the roller rockers are a breeze..... before you get it all back together make sure your valve covers have clearance with the 1.7's some people have had to remove the baffle in the stock covers...... I just went with some Chrome eddy valve covers........Remember to use sensor safe RTV sealant......Take your time and everything will go smooth..... oh yeah and don't use cork gaskets on the lower intake use a 1/4 inch bead of RTV I can explain the whole process if you want thats 100% Leak proof.... trust me took me alot of trail and error. My hotmail is chrisschwindt@hotmail.com if ya wanna know anything else man.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:09 AM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Damn more money to spend damnit, I already got the dowel pins and bolts and im still waiting for the roller rockers. What do the bushings do? Plus I got a mechanic coming buy and helping me do this so im hoping he knows what hes doing.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:29 AM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Man am I loaded, I was drinking and painting do oyu ever get messes when you do that.....ANyways those busings are just liek washers but they fit into the bolt hole a little bit to prevent the walls from pressing in ( learnt the hard way!!) had to get my holes machined again... boo that ... you can hack it yourself I bet.... I have taken apart like 3 engine before this that were all carbed I was new to Fuel injection and it all went smooth ( other than the bolt holes of course) Now I can take it apart in liek and back together in like 3 hours as long as your somewhat mechanically inclined
Old 11-05-2005, 03:03 PM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

Acutally that eddy TB is made by bbk,and why are you not upgrading your injector's and cam now??

Quick Reply: Head install question