5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What time should i expect to r

Old 01-01-2004, 11:26 PM
karma279
2nd Gear Member

Default What time should i expect to r

Originally Posted by joej8
Are you serious??? I should only expect to run a mid 14 with all the money i have put in my car??? I ran a 10.3 totally stock in the 1/8th mile. With all the mods listed except the intake and throttle body i ran a 9.4 in the 1/8th. Thats almost a whole second over stock just in the 1/8th. The car is listed to run a 15.6 1/4 mile stock. What modifications am i gonna have to make to get my car into the high 13 range?
</P>

Is that all you ran in the 1/8th?? What was your 60ft time? Those numbers suck......</P>
Old 01-02-2004, 12:23 AM
whitelightning
1st Gear Member

The reason you would work on your suspension is to get better weight transfer, this will help you with better traction to hook and in turn get down the 1/4 faster. AS far as losing weight, I'm, sure you can think of ways to get rid of some items that aren't needed, sound deadener could be a place to start, how far you go depends on what you use the car for! 100 lbs can be good for about a tenth off your 1/4 time.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:05 AM
T5superduty
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by joej8
What is the magic number? and i know that cant be right about a 1/4 mile time because i have beaten a 93 formula firebird with an Lt1-350 in 1/4 mile and raced an automaitc 02 SS Camaro night before last in the 1/8th mile and he beat me by only a car length
</P>

They must have either sucked at driving, had no traction, or you used magic. My buddies old stock 97 auto camaro lt1 ran high 13s which you prolly arnt anywhere near yet. Where these races on the street or track? If on the track what did they run ?</P>
Old 01-02-2004, 06:59 AM
joej8
1st Gear Member

The race with the Camaros was on the street. How can u not drive an automatic? The time i listed 9.4 was without the 70mm tb and without the trick flow upper and lower intake. But the race with the SS Camaro was with those listed items and the time slip from the 1/8th without the intake or tb looked like this.</P>

r/t .926</P>

60 ft 2.206</P>

594 ft 8.830</P>

1/8 et 9.436</P>

1/8mph 74.25
</P>

</P>
Old 01-02-2004, 07:03 AM
joej8
1st Gear Member

I dont think i need to work on my suspension cause i have no traction problems at all. and do u really think i gotta couple hundred pounds just sitting round on my car? Im not turning it into a drag car just trying to run good knwo what im saying? I still got my a/c working. I love going to the drag strip when its all hot and beat someone that has no a/c then drive off with mine blowing strong. lol. maybe its not that good, but i think its funny ne ways.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:31 PM
BLOWN91VERT
1st Gear Member

What is the elevation where you live? If you are anywhere above 2000 ft it will make a big difference on performance you are expecting. Most information on performance improvements is listed at sea level. Also I have an AOD as well and can tell you that the stock converter sucks for performance. It weighs almost 50lbs and stalls at around 1400rpm max. I switched to a 10" 3K B&M converter (weighs 28lbs) and it made a huge difference. You should be able to get a better 60' time than 2.2 with your set up.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:31 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

did you even read what I said..you have a useless intake because you didn't plan right using a stock mass that is where the restrictions in so the intake can be used to it protenal...yeah the car can be faster
1st you when to sleep @ the wheel then you ran a slow as 2.206 60 ft with no wheel spin tells me 2 things you can't drive and you have lost some bottom end and are not stalling the car up...a 2500 stall will know about 1-2 tenths off your 60foot...I will not help you any more if you want to fight about it who needs your ****
Old 01-02-2004, 04:33 PM
joej8
1st Gear Member

Dude now u are talking bout me having the wrong mass air after i have said i planned on replacing it. First u told me that i had the wrong throttle body for the setup and the wrong intake? So what is it? and ya that was a bad reaction time im not a freakin professional i only been to the drag strip like 3 times. How much of a traction problem u think imma have with the 2500 stall???
Old 01-02-2004, 05:43 PM
BoostedStallion
1st Gear Member

for weight reducktion...you can take out everything out of your trunk, take out the spare tire, jack, etc. when running race with like half a tank of gas. And yea it would be better to do suspension and tire upgrades. Then you can rev you car a lil higher at the start and flow it quicker. I would go with 90/10 struts, new springs, adjustible shocks, sub grame connectors, anti roll bar, strut tower brace i think its called, upper and lower control arms, and a nice set of e.t. streets or drag radial and if you wanted you can get a set of skinnys for the front....</P><edited><editID>BoostedStallion</editID><editDate>37988.6566087963</editDate></edited>
Old 01-02-2004, 05:51 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

one i can hit mid to high 13s all day long. i have a stock motor. bbk headers, bbk OR hpipe, american thunder,bbk underdrives, ac/delete, b&m 3k stall, 410s and et streets and mac upper and lowers control arms.

and anything can happen on the street. anything!!!!
what you need to do is practice driving your car. and dont buy s**t cause ppl say to. not ever car has the same combo. so things vary. honestly you have to much air flowing in and not enough flowing thru the motor. your setup isnt bad but it needs heads, large stall, cam, tunning to make it work. just putting on s**t that tells you youll gain a certain amout of hp isnt going to happen. those gains are on spec. combos.research then mod. it will be cheaper in the long run

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What time should i expect to r