5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Is it just me???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:50 PM
spudz
2nd Gear Member

Default Is it just me???

Is it just me or are there alot of people that don't know SQUAT about cars into 5.0s... I have only been on this fourm for a short time but I keep scrolling through old posts and wounder to myself if mechanicly UNINCLINED people are drawn to 5.0s for some reason. DON'T get me wrong I don't know all the ins an outs of the ford EFI. I am a GM mechanic by trade. "20 years old been workin in a chevy dealership for 3 years" I am in school for GM ASEP. Basicly GM mechanic lol. AND I KNOW I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING!!! I am far from that.. I know I am still in the learning process. And I am willing to bet that the basic fundementals of the ford EFI 5.0 can be understood by ANYONE that knows ANYTHING about cars in a few days of scrolling around on the internet or just goin out an looking at their engine compartment. There seem to be some very smart people on this fourm and I will stick around an try an learn a thing or two. But don't you all get tired of the people coming in here with no clue...looking for a tech artical on replacing their air filter??? THERE is absolutly no point to this post.... I am just ranting, feel free to delete this if it is out of line..... If ANYONE has worked in a dealership...you will understand why stupid people get on my nerves... And I am not bashin people that want to learn... BUT some people GET it and some DON'T................
Old 11-17-2005, 06:56 PM
91stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Is it just me???

that's what we're here for... to help those undertstand mustangs better.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:02 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

the only dumb question , is one that wasn't asked.

i'm sure there is a thing or 2 about other things that you are clueless about.

if you don't like the question, don't read the thread.....thats all i'm sayin.

most guys that ask those simpler questions, are looking to do it themselves, and i applaud that.

most think that things are far more complicated than really are. thats all

Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM
spudz
2nd Gear Member

I agree, this place has already helped me. Quick an acurate answers. I just think a little BASIC understanding should be in place FIRST before they jump into a car they want to modify at all. I have see TOO MANY 5.0s and other cars running around here bone stock running like **** with NOS stickers all over it and a killer sound system. It just kills me...
Old 11-17-2005, 07:08 PM
spudz
2nd Gear Member

And I am clueless about ALOT of things lol. Girls for instance.... I dunno maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.. I LOVE helping people...but I wont even talk to punks that stick stickers and floor mats in a car and are oblivious to actual car care an repair/modification... People that want to learn are one thing.. and u can tell who those people really are...
Old 11-17-2005, 07:14 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

oh yeah i hear ya, i have seen guys ask the same question 3 different times, and i guess they don't believe the first 2 threads or something.

but i usually try to help when i can, i myself am no expert by any means, and have never been to any auto tech schools either, but on my 5th 5.0 over the last 15 years, so i've been over them a little bit.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:20 PM
94gtconvertible
1st Gear Member

a lot of stupid people own any sort of car you could ask for, i'm 22, went to uti, and holy crap, the dumbest people i ever met were right there at the "nations top tech school" as they claim, it's far from just the 5.0 scene, go look at the honda forums, i've seen more intelligence in my pants than in half of those honda forums :-/
Old 11-17-2005, 07:21 PM
spudz
2nd Gear Member

Yeah that new post every 4 hours with the same question guy is what got me thinking lol. Oh well... I think I am just grumpy today lol. I am new to the 5.0s... Seem really easy an reliable.. I like em... I have two now and a 70 fairlain that will one day have a 5.0 in it. Was always a chevy guy but I like em all I guess.lol
Old 11-17-2005, 07:25 PM
philthy89fifty
4th Gear Member

this guys kind of an a hole. get over your god complex gm newb people gotta learn sometime. just like you need to combine threads in this forum.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:25 PM
spudz
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94gtconvertible

go look at the honda forums, i've seen more intelligence in my pants than in half of those honda forums :-/
lol THATS what I am fearing....that there are a breed of Honda minded people gettin into 5.0s. lol Don't get me started on the ricer gangs and their stupidity... A FEW of em actually get it an can make HP outa them little motors. And yes I go to a tech college...more then half of the people there are morons when it comes to cars. And whats bad is...these are the worlds future mechanics....thats scary..