5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

how much would it help and what do i do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 03:57 PM
SD_LX_5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default how much would it help and what do i do?

I wanted to look into porting my stock heads and intake manifolds. does anyone know of some good websites to find out more info about doing this, or have any advice on what i should do? i know its alot of work and very time consuming but im doing for a project where i have to fulfill over 20hrs of work and its pretty inexpensive.....plus im only in high school so i dont need an insane amount of power yet that i would get from new heads....im still enjoying what i got!!!!
bbk shorties
2 chamber flows
bbk CIA
MSD Ignition

I almost did the gt-40s from an explorer but i learned about it not having an EGR hook up that i needed to pass california smog so that sucks...

I would love any help thanks fellas
Old 12-01-2005, 05:00 PM
1BADASSLX
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: how much would it help and what do i do?

YEP! its time consumeing i didit to mine when i put my large t/b on good luck!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:14 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Default RE: how much would it help and what do i do?

personally i would do it myself, because i don't think it's worth it pay someone else for the gains w/ stock stuff.

usually heads are about $600 for full port job(not including bowl work or decking) and an intake is about $150 for the lower and depends what you want to do w/ the upper. you can't really hand port it w/out cutting it in half and welding it back together....you have to extrude hone it http://www.extrudehone.com and that is a beautiful process...like a mirror but very pricey.....an upper and lower is about $600 or you can port match the upper and blend the openings, would only be about $100

anyways.....you can stock parts cheap, so if you wanted to practice, go for it. key is , just be patient w/ the dremel, take too much your done, take too little? just take a little more.

google "head porting" i think you will tons of sites