5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

got her to the dyno

Old 12-15-2005, 09:58 AM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

Default RE: got her to the dyno

something is very wrong here[&:] what's you fp andbase timing set at?? do you have a tuner or a chip? those #'s are way low, especially since it was on a dynojet and not a mustang dyno. how does it feel?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:04 AM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ekthrilla

my friend put his 306 on the dyno and he only had like 190 hp and he knew it was wrong because he wouldnt be running 11.5's all day long. he went to another dyno and they dynoed him at 550 hp. they said the other dyno was controlled wrong. like on some dynos you have to run through the gears and on some you only pull in a certain gear. and if you have 295/45/15's on the car then the dyno needs to be programmed for that. if the guy puts in that you are running like 225/45/17's then your ****ed.
you can only enter parameters into a mustang dyno, and i don't care what you enter it's not going to be a 360whp difference.... unless you added some serious boost or n2o between the runs. sounds like bs to me
Old 12-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Quik
6th Gear Member

you didnt state what Maf you have. if its a C&L try cocking it some. if its a Pro-M send it back. Pro-M lately has had issues. im willing ot bet the Maf is the issue. since the maf is what controls the A/F

get that A/F around 13.5 flat for a NA ride and youll have the most out of the combo
Old 12-15-2005, 11:31 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Quik

you didnt state what Maf you have. if its a C&L try cocking it some. if its a Pro-M send it back. Pro-M lately has had issues. im willing ot bet the Maf is the issue. since the maf is what controls the A/F

get that A/F around 13.5 flat for a NA ride and youll have the most out of the combo
is this true? i was always under the impression that C&L was second choice to PRO-M ...has that changed recently ?
Old 12-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Quik
6th Gear Member

yes cause Pro-M isnt the same place anymore. they went UNDER but then a few ppl bought them out and then renamed it. but since then has had issues with some of their MAFs

so if the company is so great why did they go UNDER????????
Old 12-15-2005, 12:46 PM
fordguy17
4th Gear Member

yes cause Pro-M isnt the same place anymore. they went UNDER but then a few ppl bought them out and then renamed it. but since then has had issues with some of their MAFs

the owner/founder died and it went downhill from there. they shut down but than the previous employees started it back up again under a slightly different name.

i haven't heard of them having any problems with their mass air meters.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:54 PM
50mikey
4th Gear Member

im not sure where the FP is set at right now, we just adjusted it until it showed the best fuel curve. The only problem is that as soon as we set it, it would be fine, then make another run and the computer would change it again. timing is set about 14, adjusted it enough to get another 20rwhp. It is a c&l MAF 70mm if i remember right. I have had it for 4 years on this car now...it ran just fine on my stock engine. Havent driven it on the street yet, is in a very project phase still. Taking her to the paint shop today.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

a 70mm MAF with a 70mm TB is a bad idea. you want your maf larger then the TB. also did you get teh correct tube for the new injectors?

also computer doesnt control FP

check compression in all cylinders to see if you have a bad cylinder

timing probably should be more then 14

you got issues that arent being fully detailed yet
Old 12-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

i have, i heard numberous ppl complaining about the new Pro-Ms. search the net youll see a few of them right there
ORIGINAL: fordguy17

the owner/founder died and it went downhill from there. they shut down but than the previous employees started it back up again under a slightly different name.

i haven't heard of them having any problems with their mass air meters.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:18 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I've heard about people having problems with them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: got her to the dyno