MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Car wont start after MAF swap... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/81854-car-wont-start-after-maf-swap.html)

Black Snake 12-17-2005 08:21 PM

Car wont start after MAF swap...

I rechecked all my wires like 5 times and still doesnt start, it starts up but quickly dies. If I open up the throttle it will run but not very well. I cant figure it out im on my last limb. I havnt hooked up the VSS lines but I dont think that wiould cause it not to run. What do you guys think it is?

Quik 12-17-2005 08:31 PM

RE: Car wont start after MAF swap...

unplug the maf and see if it idles

did you disconnect the vaccum line off the MAP sensor?

Black Snake 12-17-2005 08:33 PM

Yeah i disconected the MAP sensor. And yeah if I unplug the sensor it idles but not very well. My fuel pressure is at 39 psi.

cammedlx 12-17-2005 08:35 PM

I think somewhere you screwed up doing the MAF conversion...Man not trying to be a ass but i've noticed in some of you recent post that you are not that mechanicly inclined.And tend to make alot of mistakes..so why not get someone to do these things are atleast get someone to help you that has had atleast some experince..Not being mean but there's no way i would try to attempt something and not know one thing about much less never done it before..But you gotta learn some how i guess but the best way is watch then try..

Black Snake 12-17-2005 08:38 PM

I dont take offense at all, I know when it come to cars im a bit new. But thats how I learn. I tryed looking for people to help me but no one around here doesnt know what to do. I called the Ford dealership and they dont want to touch anything that is modified and they dont do convertions. I cant see how i screwed up anywhere, its only a couple wires to change and splicing 2 more.

cammedlx 12-17-2005 08:42 PM

Understand..have you tried to back track all the wiring and make sure that you did it right...also what kind of maf are you running since on a factory maf car if the sensor goes bad it will do almost the exact same thing...maybe try a different maf.

Black Snake 12-17-2005 08:45 PM

Its a new one from where I work at, for a 1990 Mustang GT. I wonder if the stock ones come with a Cal tube already on them, I rechecked all my wires, at first I thought i put the wires in reverse but then I went to redo it and turned out the same results.

cammedlx 12-17-2005 08:47 PM

What do you mean cal tube..what injectors are you running????

Quik 12-17-2005 08:52 PM

different year maf swaps dont work well with SD cars. i think i read that the best was to use a 89 setup. i dont have facts to back this up just what i read when i did my swap

check the voltage out of the maf. i think you need to probe the 2 left wires with key on. off top of head i dont remember the voltage but i know it should read like 5v. ill try to get the correct amount later on in the night

Black Snake 12-17-2005 08:52 PM

Just the stock 19s. Are they suppose to come with a Tube?