5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

bought 88 gt off ebay!BEWARE OF EBAY!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: bought 88 gt off ebay!BEWARE OF EBAY!

looks okay but it's had body work. Front driver fender's been off the car or replaced. Look at the driver fender vs. the passenger fender in the pic. There's a fender bolt missing and the tab is bent slightly up. Did you run a Carfax before buying it?
Old 12-30-2005, 06:07 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

you know that was a killer price...why bad mouth the guy.....I love people that what a ready made car cheap..that's a fanasty world
oh and if you want to take 4k for it today I'll come get it
Old 12-30-2005, 07:07 PM
1slomofo

ORIGINAL: vfast

you know that was a killer price...why bad mouth the guy.....I love people that what a ready made car cheap..that's a fanasty world
When the seller says theres NOTHING wrong with the car and it has 12,000 miles after a fresh rebuild id expect for the car to atleast start lol.
we went to pick it up and the guy couldnt even get the thing started.He told me that the paint and body was nice.Well its been wrecked and the body doesnt line up well and the rear fenders have bondo work with crappy results.Ebrake doesnt work but he didnt mention that until we tried to set it on the trailer.I had a really crappy experience with the buyer.We got lost in his town and called for help and guess what no help from the seller.we explained our location and he said well your less than 5 minutes away.We asked the guy to meet us at the gas station and he said he was busy and couldnt help us.

I got your fantasy world pal lol [>:]
Old 12-30-2005, 07:22 PM
5.0 MPG
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

you guys have to be kidding[&:] if you go to a mechanic and say "somethings not right, idk what it is..." the mechanic WILL find things wrong and charge him for it. try to fix it yourself, if you can't, get a book and try it again. then if you can't...take it to a reputable mechanic (they aren't easily found)

In my opinion mechanical issues are nothing in comparrison to electrical. For this reason unless you really know what your doing you shouldnt go experimenting around unless of course you have the equipment and expertise to do it yourself. Trust me when I say you can easily make a $100 dollar issue into a $1000 one. Your safest bet is to always have a trustworthy tech diagnose the issue(s) and then you can make the decision on wether or not to fix it yourself. And if you dont know a reputable one this is America, take it to 10 others, until you get the answer you need.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:30 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: 1slomofo

ORIGINAL: vfast

When the seller says theres NOTHING wrong with the car and it has 12,000 miles after a fresh rebuild id expect for the car to atleast start lol.
we went to pick it up and the guy couldnt even get the thing started.He told me that the paint and body was nice.Well its been wrecked and the body doesnt line up well and the rear fenders have bondo work with crappy results.Ebrake doesnt work but he didnt mention that until we tried to set it on the trailer.I had a really crappy experience with the buyer.We got lost in his town and called for help and guess what no help from the seller.we explained our location and he said well your less than 5 minutes away.We asked the guy to meet us at the gas station and he said he was busy and couldnt help us.

I got your fantasy world pal lol [>:]
Well thats another story and you left out that info in your first post. Sometimes with body work what one person thinks is OK, another will think is garbage. Whenever I buy a car off Ebay I always leave my self an out with the buyer, IE a contract that states if the car is mis-represented or I don't like what I see, I get a full refund. Ebay also offers an ispection service, I think it costs $100 but these guys will go over the car very closly and after you factor in your time to look for yourself $100 is a good deal. In the end I feel it's the buyer to cover their own ***, it sucks that there are some shady people out there but you gotta look out for yourself, esp in the used car market. I still think you got a decent deal though and good luck with it.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:32 PM
C/Note
I ♥ Acer

o **** the ole un hook the s/p/ wire trick......when you hook that wire that was touching the headder back on did the noise get louder..???? wrist pin...kill himmm
Old 12-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

Check your headers they might not be tightened all the way. Dont just look at it and say its fine actually go in there with a wrench and see if it budges.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:34 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

you got a good deal,
Old 01-01-2006, 02:01 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

I would concur with silver91.......
Old 01-01-2006, 02:44 AM
FordRacing302
1st Gear Member

I saw that car before you posted this, and I thought whoever bought that got a great deal...But I guess it was all it seemed to be, but hey $4000 is still a killer deal

Quick Reply: bought 88 gt off ebay!BEWARE OF EBAY!