MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   H&R Sport Lowering vs. Eibach Pro Kit vs. Others (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/89981-h-and-r-sport-lowering-vs-eibach-pro-kit-vs-others.html)

ricepatrol 01-22-2006 10:42 PM

H&R Sport Lowering vs. Eibach Pro Kit vs. Others

You read it guys, which is better? They are both pretty close in price- and advertise about the same drop. Can you guys post your experience with these springs? Thanks!

Eibach ~$255 1.2" Front 1" Rear
H&R ~$265 1.3" Front 1" Rear

EDIT:
Added steeda, and eibach sportline springs after opinions from other owners*

I think it would be good to get as much input from people as possible, if we could get the majority vote straight it would most likely help a lot of other people out there in the same boat!

ricepatrol 01-22-2006 11:50 PM

RE: H&R Sport Lowering vs. Eibach Pro Kit

I guess everyone went with FMS then?
So I take it theirs are better?

Kbush723 01-22-2006 11:58 PM

persoanlly i would go with the H&R i have used Bbk Gripp and the ford racing springs.. and the gripp was horrible.. the Ford springs. were decent.. but the
H&R springs are race proven springs.. eibach are good.. but i think for the price you would be more happy. with the H&R

ricepatrol 01-23-2006 12:01 AM

Thank you, I will definitely take your opinion into account along with others :D

stanglx2002 01-23-2006 12:10 AM

i think the steeda lowering springs are the best on the market they are the ones im going to get for my car. The steeda sport springs are used in the cobra's

91lxstang 01-23-2006 12:38 AM

eibach sportline is good.... my freind has them on his 95 gti vr6 and i like the ride and the handling wa improved ALOT... thats what im gettin....they lower your car a good bit more than the pro kit and im dont beleive they are that much more.....

ricepatrol 01-23-2006 12:42 AM

I should have stated this earlier;
I'm looking for an improvement in handling, and looks.
I logged 91lx and stanglx's votes under the new options.

I think it would be good to get as much input from people as possible, if we could get the majority vote straight it would most likely help a lot of other people out there in the same boat!

Kbush723 01-23-2006 12:46 AM

well.. H&R isent really that much of a look you choose your spring buy LBS how stiff you want the ride.. but the majority of people go with there sport springs it gives a significant drop while drastically improving ride imo i think the eibachs are also a little more show then function

ricepatrol 01-23-2006 12:49 AM

Right-
Function is definitely the first priority over looks-
No reason to be counterproductive, or miss a chance to make your car perform better ;)

Kbush723 01-23-2006 12:54 AM

imo .. go with either the H&R or the eibach... both are great springs.. eibach would have to be a great spring to be around this long.. and in the spot light this long.. H&R is just amazing becuase of how adjustable it is.. if youdont like the ride hight cut the spring.. to you ride hight the spring was built as a race spring..