5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Hey guys. Need help real quick...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 04:14 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hey guys. Need help real quick...

personally, some of the stickies should be opened up for reply. The First Mods To Your 5.0 is a perfect example, as writen, it is really only for the quarter mile, and many of us think way past the end of 1320 feet and want to hit the tight and twisties hard and fast
Old 01-26-2006, 04:21 AM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

Honestly the DIY junkyard one should be shortened. There are some arguments and crap in there. I would say I would do it but I dont have time right now to read all of it. Also A compilation of the most commen questions like the difference between gt40p heads and regular gt40, also the U/L intake manifold from an explorer vs. cobra intake and where you can find these parts. Quick and simple.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:28 AM
I3atR!ce
3rd Gear Member

i would say mostly something about:
Gears
Gt-40 explorer intake
Gt-40 and Gt-40p heads
5 lug/brake upgrade
something about superchargers/turbos would be nice
.... that's all i can come up with right now

oh yeah and something about headers/xpipe/hpipe/catback

we get a lot of q's about that all the time
Old 01-26-2006, 12:24 PM
ricepatrol
3rd Gear Member

oops, I'm working on a possible stickey and accidentally hit ok
Old 01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
ricepatrol
3rd Gear Member

I think if we made the following a sticky, it would eliminate some noob posts. Note #5 in the general tips, I put the Mustang Tech Links; which I think should be revived with links like the ones I posted earlier. But anyway, yes I think this would be a good sticky for the beginners. Feel free to add things to it; I tried to break it down as much as possible, it might be self explanatory for some, but not all [8D]

"Forum Rules and Beginner Tips" by Ricepatrol

General tips:

1. Use the search function when looking for information. Make sure to change the Time filter a longer time span to bring up more posts.
2. Use the search function when looking for information. (this was not a mistake)
3. Be nice, golden rule, etc. etc.
4. Click "New Post" or "New Poll" to start a post or poll
5. Don't be afraid to ask questions, just try to do your research first (other mustangs sites, take a look at the Mustang Tech Links Sticky for common tech articles; and the search function) if that doesn't help, then ask the question.
6. When asking a question, put part of the question in the subject title, this makes it easier on people glancing through posts. In your actual post, state your question, and all the details surrounding it. Like symptoms, and list your mods as well.

How to put a picture in a post:

When you write a post...
1. Look in the bottom left hand corner of the white area you write in. You'll see something written in blue it says
Click here to upload!
Well go ahead and click it.
2. After that, hit "Browse..." on one of the browse buttons, locate your file and select it.
You just have to make sure the picture is under 400kb. You can upload a few pictures, but total size must be under 400kb.
At the bottom of that window it tells when you how much space you have left to upload more pictures with.
If you right click on your file (wherever it is, My Computer, etc) and go to properties, it will tell you how large the file is
it will say "Size: 230 kb"
You may have to resize your picture if it is over 400kb, or ask someone else to do it.
3. Hit "OK" and the pictures will now be included in your post, but if you want them to actually appear as pictures and not a link, you must click "Embed pictures in post" right next to the Click here to upload! link.

How to assign a signature (picture or writing at the bottom of a post)

1. Click "My Profile" in the list of options at the top of the screen
2. From here you can edit everything to do with your name on Mustang Forums.
3. Scroll down to signature
4. Type what you want to show up at the bottom of your every post like mods, model year, etc.
5. Click right below on "Always attach signature in posts"
6. If you want a picture to show up in your signature, this is the tricky part; you need to find a website to host your Signature picture; Such as Yahoo Geocities, putfile, etc. This is the hardest part.
7. After you sign up with one of these sites you need to upload your picture onto their site, write down the URL to access the picture.
Ex. Mine is http://homepages.udayton.edu/~newmanjz/sig.jpg
(Someone might make a signature for you, if you can't. Go to the "Chop Shop" section on the main page and make a post asking for a Sig)
8. Now in the same slot of (3.) (Signature) below whatever you wrote, type this;
[IMG]the link to your URL[/IMG]
Ex.
[IMG](H)ttp://homepages.udayton.edu/~newmanjz/sig.jpg[/IMG]
This same rule applies for putting a link in your signature; except instead of writing [IMG]URL[/IMG] you write URL
*The MAX size for a sig picture is 500 WIDE by 250 TALL*
The "PGD code" button above the Signature box lists other "tags" to do similar things in your signature
9. Scroll down and click "Apply" for these changes to go into effect.

How to assign an avatar (picture below user name on a post)

1. Click "My Profile" in the list of options at the top of the screen
2. From here you can edit everything to do with your name on Mustang Forums
3. Scroll down to My Avatar
4. From here you have 2 choices, either hit "Click to choose avatars" and use some stock photos mustang forums has, or hit "Upload my picture (will replace the existing one)" If you choose the second option, you obviously need to make an avatar to begin with. Click "browse" to select the picture, and "OK" to put it in place. Make sure if fits the requirements (145 X 145; those are pixels, they are a unit of size. And 20KB or less)
5. Scroll down and click "Apply" for these changes to go into effect.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:40 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Twister

personally, some of the stickies should be opened up for reply. The First Mods To Your 5.0 is a perfect example, as writen, it is really only for the quarter mile, and many of us think way past the end of 1320 feet and want to hit the tight and twisties hard and fast
Done.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

I'm working on the rest of the stuff. All great ideas guys! Keep 'em coming!!
Old 01-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

How about an exaust clip sticky. Where people can hear what 5.0's would sound like with different mufflers, everyone can chip in.