5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

very important question

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:56 AM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

Default very important question

please look at that picture where u see the white circle, thats where the door **** lock is that when u press it down it locks the door and pull it up it unlocks. well the metal rod or w/e thing it is that it screws on to the screwy rod(black swirly thing. well on my right door i dont have one or see one and i dont wanna take the door panel off. so what is it called so i can go get one. i actually need a longer one for my left door cuz when i screw the skull lock ***** on they dont sit over and if i dont screw them in all the way there loose but when i do it doesnt lock because the little rod doesnt sit high enough over my door. because when i had the original circle black ***** when i pushed them down it was even with my door so i think the rods shorter or something. please help? lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/26824/59EE341DE056405FBE6E361F69C9CFF9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2006, 01:57 AM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: very important question

ORIGINAL: Ecstasy

please look at that picture where u see the white circle, thats where the door **** lock is that when u press it down it locks the door and pull it up it unlocks. well the metal rod or w/e thing it is that it screws on to the screwy rod(black swirly thing. well on my right door i dont have one or see one and i dont wanna take the door panel off. so what is it called so i can go get one. i actually need a longer one for my left door cuz when i screw the skull lock ***** on they dont sit over and if i dont screw them in all the way there loose but when i do it doesnt lock because the little rod doesnt sit high enough over my door. because when i had the original circle black ***** when i pushed them down it was even with my door so i think the rods shorter or something. please help? lol

by the way this isnt a picture of my door i googled it because i had to show what i was talking about.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26824/59EE341DE056405FBE6E361F69C9CFF9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2006, 02:26 AM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

*bump* please i really need to figure this out, im sure one of you know what its called.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

somebody has to know what it is or the name of it or w/e.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:43 PM
Sickspackstang
3rd Gear Member

wait you want to know what its called? or you want to put it on? just take them flimsey little pos off your door. i did, thats an easy way to have your car broken into anyway. i think it looks better imo.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14411/8E58DE13C6B74C529B209CE0FA0A925A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-01-2006, 02:00 AM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

no if u look at the picture i uploaded, the metal rod its the imitated black screwy thing i drew on the picture, its what the door lock ***** screw onto, what is that called cuz i need a longer one and im missing one in my passenger side door?
Old 02-01-2006, 03:25 AM
wildcobrar
3rd Gear Member

Bet if you take the door panel off you will find the door lock button rod lying in the bottom of your door. No they are not too short. They just are not desined for the type of button you choose to use.(skull) The original part you took off is an extension of this rod and is designed to almost go flush with the top of the panel when your doors are locked. The skull head prevents this.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:06 AM
4trax
1st Gear Member

This is what I've done and it works awesome. Take that rod out and cut it and get some more rod (another rod just like from junkyard) and add to the rod you have by welding or brazing it. Only takes 1" or so of added material. You should be back in good shape.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

ty man ill take the door panel off also from the right side n see if its laying down at the bottom n ill cut the rod n weld it to make it a little higher so i can keep my skull door locks thx alot.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Sickspackstang
3rd Gear Member

skull ***** are the easiest to break into, sure they may look cool, but give me 1/4 gap in the door and ill lasso it with my metal wire and get in in 20secs... take them things off and throw them away lol imo

Quick Reply: very important question