5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Building a nasty 347 WHAT CAM?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 10:34 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Building a nasty 347 WHAT CAM?

Let's not scare him off. He may just be new and not understand.

I'll stick with my recommendation though. Give Jay Allen a try.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:13 PM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

Let's not scare him off. He may just be new and not understand.

I'll stick with my recommendation though. Give Jay Allen a try.
Couldn't agree anymore...Jay is the man when it comes to a custom bumpstick..Not to mention when he grinds a cam EVERYTHING is put into consideration..not just the motor set up.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:44 AM
50mustanggod
2nd Gear Member

Yea and i also said "What would be some good specs? " And all i got was "get a custom cam." I sorta knew that i was gonna have to do that seeing i said i looked at comp cams and lunati and didnt see anything i liked. These forums are a joke to post on. So thanks to the people that helped. And GRIMACE5.0 thanks for the wise coments i needed to laugh today (bad day at work) I'll just leave it at that. I am not low like you are. later peeps

ORIGINAL: Grimace5.0

Ok, this should be fun.

You started with this:
Well let me know what you all think.
To which I replied:
Actually your buying, not building the engine. Anyway, the best cam for that engine is not in any books, catalogs or magazines. It's still a raw piece of steel.
Implying that a custom would be the best.

Grabbem understood and replied with:
should i tell him?.........you are better off with a custom stick
Then you come off with this gem:
ok I am not getting this at all. This is the first time i have posted on this site and after 2 posts i still havent got a answer. I just have b/s i thought this was a place to get help and information about mustangs?
You got 2 replies that were far from BS. YOu want BS, ok, a Trickflow "stage 3" is what you want. There, you got BS now.

Look, tchamber fgured it out too:
Well, what they are saying is that the best cam is not out-of-the-box, but one built to suit the parts and your desires
And fullauto put the finishing touches on it with:
camshaftinnovations.com
And Jay is a great guy and friend.

So Mr.ImbuildingabadassenginebutinrealityImbuyingitMU STANGGOD. Your question has been answered to the best of anyones ability. Have a good night!

Old 02-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

And GRIMACE5.0 thanks for the wise coments....
Anytime, glad I could help.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:40 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 50mustanggod

Yea and i also said "What would be some good specs? " And all i got was "get a custom cam." I sorta knew that i was gonna have to do that seeing i said i looked at comp cams and lunati and didnt see anything i liked. These forums are a joke to post on. So thanks to the people that helped. And GRIMACE5.0 thanks for the wise coments i needed to laugh today (bad day at work) I'll just leave it at that. I am not low like you are. later peeps
Now I'm kind of sorry I was polite. The truth of the matter is you are a moron who came on here and asked for us to give you cam specs for a 347 with long tubes and a 5 speed. What did you expect us to say? You aren't telling us ****. Then you say you looked all through the Comp and Lunati book and couldn't find anything you like. I'd be willing to bet that not only do you not have a clue what you should be looking for, but if you did find something you'd like, it would probably run like a$$. We were doing you a favor by telling you to get a custom. I may have typed out "give Jay Allen a try", but what I really meant to say was, "find someone to pick out the specs for you and take yourself out of the equation". These forums aren't the problem, it's the guys asking for cam specs for their "347 with long tubes".

And you are low (not your attitude, your IQ).
Old 02-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

ORIGINAL: 50mustanggod

Now I'm kind of sorry I was polite. The truth of the matter is you are a moron who came on here and asked for us to give you cam specs for a 347 with long tubes and a 5 speed. What did you expect us to say? You aren't telling us ****. Then you say you looked all through the Comp and Lunati book and couldn't find anything you like. I'd be willing to bet that not only do you not have a clue what you should be looking for, but if you did find something you'd like, it would probably run like a$$. We were doing you a favor by telling you to get a custom. I may have typed out "give Jay Allen a try", but what I really meant to say was, "find someone to pick out the specs for you and take yourself out of the equation". These forums aren't the problem, it's the guys asking for cam specs for their "347 with long tubes".

And you are low (not your attitude, your IQ).
FullAuto, welcome to the darkside.........
Old 02-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

Who would have thought that the "Mustang God" would be reading a "general" mustang forum? Dude from the moment you signed up you had a attitude. Mustang God? are you for real? Unless your junk runs 7's and YOU BUILT it, your not the God of anything. Well, maybe the "God" of buying stuff. Either way, ask a Admin to change your name to "CreditCardRacer" or "347Stang" or something a little less self righteous.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:19 PM
marx91
3rd Gear Member

credit card racer.. lmfao
Old 02-04-2006, 03:03 PM
89chatofive0
2nd Gear Member

Listen guys, I agree the guy came off as arrogant, and nieve, but US treating this guy this way could discouurage other people from asking questions. I know that lately I have been asking an assload of questions. My experience is mostly with carburated engines with no computers. I am now rebuilding my 302 and I can take an engine apart and put it back together no problem. But I have never dealt with MAF, EGR, Calibrating EGR, And have never rebuilt an engine with any aftermarket stuff. I come here and bug people to death trying to figure stuff. Granted the guy did **** on the hand that feeds him, since he came to US, but this could discourage other people who don't understand the Lingo as well as we do. So please let's take it easy and be patient, we were ignorant and nieve and thought we knew everything too. This was a great thread though.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:40 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

His first post he asked a question (albeit dumb). We answered.
His second post he wanted something more technical. We explained the first answer better.
His third post he is telling us he's getting BS. We explained to him that he wasn't in both polite posts and posts less polite.
His forth post he says we are a joke. We slapped his a$$ back into reality.

I don't have a problem with dumb people. It's the persistent dumb people that bother me.

Quick Reply: Building a nasty 347 WHAT CAM?