5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

takin out a loan to finish car

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 06:16 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

Default takin out a loan to finish car

ok.... im in the process of takin out a 4-5 grand loan( not quite sure yet) .... the parts im gettin are; front lx bumper, mach 3 hood, left fender, full suspension bushing kit, eibach sportline springs, all new struts and shocks, c&c plates, t5 swap with king cobra clutch, tint windows 11%, 03 black or chrome cobra wheels, tires( 245's fo front and 275 for back), smoked headlights, 5 lug conversion, new left lock actuator, left and right armrest pads with new switch covers, different steering im just curious to see how much ill end up spending and if ill have enough. It prob seems stupid to you guys to take a loan out to do this kinda stuff to a car but its well worth it to me. anyone have any ideas of what else i could get and what not. thanks. btw he car will be black
Old 02-07-2006, 06:28 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: takin out a loan to finish car

Well, I couldnt tell you what else to get because I do not know whats wrong with your car but I can say one thing. You arent stupid in my eyes for taking out a loan. I'm making payments on my '00 Intrepid right now and as soon as Im finished (4-5 months) I am taking out a 5K loan to do my rear, tranny, misc. parts, etc.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:31 PM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

its not stupid takinga loan out on your car. Its the same as paying payments on a new car. So your not going to do any engine work to the car?
Old 02-07-2006, 06:32 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

What do you have done to the car? Because if you have a stock motor than there are alot of things that you can get. Plus you can work on the suspension and the rear if you dont already have money sunk into that. Let us know.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:45 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

well the main thing is i want to get the car mechanically sound... so the things i HAVE to do are gettin done first like the 5 speed swap, suspension, paint(free), interior, anything that comes up with motor thats wrong, my front bumper hood and fender (car was slightly wrecked, and wheels and tires... those are my #1 goals. my car is slowly starting to fall apart, my supension is completely trashed, my paint is bad and the car has dents dings all over it and the bumber has holes. The hood is completely bent and the right fender is trashed. the car has alot of potential and im sick of looking at it right now knowing what it could be.... the major motor mods will come later on. i want my car lowered about 1 1/2 inch and i dont wan it to squaek anymore so im gettin all new bushings, struts, and shocks... im also getting rear upper and lower control arms... whatever money i have left over is what will go to some small motor mods like maybe an intake manifold and my eaders to finish off my exhaust... i have no money now except for the 150 i make a week(im still in highschool and play triple a hockey so its hard to get time to work) which will go toward gas and my loan, and since i dont have money my car is becoming undriveable because i NEED tires, all new supension, and a good tune up, and there is no way i can save up the money for this anytime soon makin what i make... so im takin a loan out .... the reason im swappin to a 5 speed is because i hate my aod it sucks horribly, i just had it rebuilt completely 3500 miles ago and it very loudly clunks when going into od , makes weird noises, and shifts very very soft and its just boring.... i luv my car its just that it suck right now, .......so thats the story lol
Old 02-07-2006, 06:49 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

It sounds like your AOD was rebuilt w/ stock parts. If you get a nice performance rebuild and you like automatics you will not be dissapointed. Save yourself the money of a swap and have a performance rebuilt dont w/ a nice shift kit, stall converter, gears, and a cam to match. You WILL NOT be dissapointed.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:50 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

And if you want to shift it you can get a PA manual valve body for a few hundred bucks.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:53 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

ya i know that an aod can be as good if not better than stick but i just want a stick..... but ill see how i feel when i actually have the money lol..... and i was looking at this kit for my suspension http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=902
Old 02-07-2006, 06:54 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

actually this kit sry http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=944
Old 02-07-2006, 06:54 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

I took out a loan against my 401k so that i could finish mine. I have all the parts, just trying to find time to get it all together. Check out jdsperformance.com --they have good prices on a lot of things you could use for your restomod.

I got a pro-m 75mm MAF for $159 and I think they have a good set of U/L control arms for the same price. For your mods, you could use those and get rid of your quad shocks. that will save you $ having to replace them.

--Adrian

Quick Reply: takin out a loan to finish car