5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

how to put a chevy 350 in a stang

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:07 AM
thunderjet429
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: how to put a chevy 350 in a stang

my opinion it's a bad idea... but it your car do what you want... but to your buddy that said you ould have to buy mount's and stuff no matter what that's not comparing apples to apples you can go to your local autoparts store and get the trans and motor mounts off the shelf for dirt cheap your not getting a direct fit mount at yor local parts store... also if you think that chevy is always cheaper than ford think again.. check out ebay the great price equalizer
Old 06-18-2007, 01:11 AM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang5_0gt

i don't c why not go for it if thats wat u want just don't really know what u have 2 do 2 do it. I hava a real good buddy that loves chevy and he told me 2 put a chevy in my mustang but i said no just cuz i like the 5.0 but there is nothing wrong with it. we give each other **** every day about ford and chevy there both good engines just wat someone prefers.
Sooo, what's that in english?
For the record, I don't see it as the end of the world. I haven't seen a 32 Ford t bucket with a Ford engine in a while. It's a cool project. Put a 300ZX motor in a Mustang? Go to hell. 350 ain't bad
Old 06-18-2007, 02:04 AM
KOMan
1st Gear Member

what kind of tranny are you going to run? i did say that you could get chevy parts cheaper BUT i picked up 3 302 blocks 2 351w blocks and a 352 fe block from a friend for free. he's a chevy guy. i was going to build something nasty for my 74 maverick. you can't beat free value anyday of the week unless the person is paying you to take it.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 AM
85GTsleeper
4th Gear Member

sell your stang buy a slowmaro? [&:]
Old 06-18-2007, 04:10 AM
rcdblink716
3rd Gear Member

Yo, first of all how do u come on a mustang website talkin about puttin a chevy in a ford and expect not to get shot down. I like how the chevy guy is standin up for him. I can't believe guys actually got mad that we're beating him up over this. What the **** do u expect? we're ford guys, we're die hard, u don't come around here talkin about that blasphemy.Please don't put a ls1 in a notch. I can't believe I'm sayin this but it makes more sense to go with a gen 1 chevy. The ls1 is a great motor but too expensive for my tastes. The ford block does split but it is still a better built motor. Like i like how on a gen1 chevy the timing chain holds in the cam. And the valve configuration pisses me off. Not to mention for the price of the swap u could go with an aftermarket ford block. I'm buying a 67 camaro one day and droppin a ****in 460 in it and puttin powered by ford stickers all over it. I hate guys that do this. If ur a chevy guy, that's cool, but keep those freakin motors out of our mustangs. O BTW a 350 is not a big block. Ok I'm done ranting. Hope I didn't make too much an *** out of myself.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:20 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

its true you can buy an aftermarket block for similar cost.

but i have seen ls1's, tranny and harness for around 3k on ebay. but then there also associated cost, headers AJE k-member motor mounts custom driveshaft

the main reason i can see to do it is to be different and you don't have to worry about the block splitting
Old 06-18-2007, 04:29 AM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Sure the 350 is a good motor to build up and can be quite fast and reliable, but if you want a Chevy, buy one. Chevy in a Mustang? You sir are no Mustang lover.

We got some wanting to swap thier 4 eyes to an 87, and now we got a Mustang with a Chevy in it? If thats not kickin the bulldogs *** i dont know what is.

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

WHY?
+infinity
Old 06-18-2007, 09:07 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

hate me too, i would do it, the sickest car i saw was a fox with a ls1 in it low 11s! camaros are heavy foxs are light, and a free motor is a free motor, it still cost less than buying everything u need for a 351w boat anchor to work.who cares who makes the motor. people put 350s in everything fron z cars to rx7s and if it wasnt worthwhile there wouldnt be kits out there. porsches with ls1s too.he asked a question, if u dont got anything nice to say or dont like it oh well, u dont have to read or post. but since the majority of the people on heres cars are older than them im not surprised of the flaming retards on here.the 350 is a great motor and easy to work on and stuff for it is readily available and cheap. no one cares if some one used a mustang 2 front end on a chevy, or a v8 in a svo or a anything like that so who cares.he has a 4 car and wants to make it fun.go for it man!not all of us on here are flaming azzholes. and yeah i had a 351w before it wasnt worth it. a stroked 302 is better but cost so much , and 3k for a supercharger on a 302,lol, just to get 10 psi boost. thats just retarded!turbo 2.3l ftw!!! for 3k u can be in the 11s on junkyard parts!but thats not the point
Old 06-18-2007, 09:11 AM
gambit90lx
2nd Gear Member

WHY? exactly....boooooo shame on you
Old 06-18-2007, 09:16 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

what ever dude read my sig, i own narr a chevy, but u know what im old enough and smart enough to know about a 350 or lt1 ls1 and all those motors and a 302 or 351 cant *** with it, sorry , just facts. if a camaro was as light as a fox all the lightly fake cia modded 5.0s would be getting azzs handed to em.i know ur gunna tell me to get a chevy. well with all the idiotic flaming on here i might just to **** haters off. infact im looking for a g body car as we speak. it just blows me away how ignorant and close minded so many kids are on here, but i geuss thats why im 30 and the avearage age on here aint old enough to even drink!!!!i was dumb once too.but when some one has a real tech question and not some crap about how their new auto zone rims look lets be serious or just shut up
ORIGINAL: rcdblink716

Yo, first of all how do u come on a mustang website talkin about puttin a chevy in a ford and expect not to get shot down. I like how the chevy guy is standin up for him. I can't believe guys actually got mad that we're beating him up over this. What the **** do u expect? we're ford guys, we're die hard, u don't come around here talkin about that blasphemy.Please don't put a ls1 in a notch. I can't believe I'm sayin this but it makes more sense to go with a gen 1 chevy. The ls1 is a great motor but too expensive for my tastes. The ford block does split but it is still a better built motor. Like i like how on a gen1 chevy the timing chain holds in the cam. And the valve configuration pisses me off. Not to mention for the price of the swap u could go with an aftermarket ford block. I'm buying a 67 camaro one day and droppin a ****in 460 in it and puttin powered by ford stickers all over it. I hate guys that do this. If ur a chevy guy, that's cool, but keep those freakin motors out of our mustangs. O BTW a 350 is not a big block. Ok I'm done ranting. Hope I didn't make too much an *** out of myself.

Quick Reply: how to put a chevy 350 in a stang