5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What should i do next?

Old 02-20-2006, 12:47 AM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What should i do next?

what body kit do u have?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:17 AM
Mustang#2
1st Gear Member

You have to Pull apart a chunk of the engine to swap the cam... Like they said above wait untill you do the heads for the cam, when you are ready to the heads and cam you should also put in a double roller timing chain, new lifters, push rods, fuel preassure regulator, Head studs (for higher blower PSI), you should also switch to ARP bolts. All of these are really easy to do with the engine broken down all the way. The MSD wont hurt, but wont really add anything untill you do the above... it just adds effiency. Underdrives will do a little, just becareful of charging probs. Again the MAF will help down the road and a little now. Intake will help but not inless you get the MAF and even then the bottle neck is the heads. The gears are a great start they will give you the most "Seat of the Pants" feel than probably any other mod maybe besides the supercharger.

The starting point is the the hardest part as many on this board will tell you. While each part in itself will not always give you "big gains" they all work together in the end. After all, to build an fast motor all it takes is getting the most air and fuel in and then burn it and get it out. Thats what makes #'s, nothing else. In reality its very simple. Dont really know where I was going but I hoped this helped.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:14 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

Go w/ gears first...since you do a lot of hwy, I wouldn't go higher (numerically) than 3.73's.

A 75-76mm MAF would be your next greatest benefit, followed by the intake manifold<--you need to get more air flow to your engine. jdsperformance.com was selling the PMAS 75mm MAF for $159 shipped in Jan. when I bought mine. Check ebaY or classifieds here to find an intake. See if you can find a good deal on the street/track heat from Trickflow.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Black 94 GT Stang

i have a stalker 2 kit

Search this Thread