5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Found a car, is it a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:35 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Found a car, is it a good deal?

depends where u are

ive never seen a ttop fox around my area (MA)

and yah how much for that blue fox
Old 02-21-2006, 08:36 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: BaldGeorge

Where is it and how much? Also on the t-top with the 347. Whats a realistic horsepower rating for that car? Finally, thats the first t-top I've seen. How common is it?
Kinda rare these days. Not sure on the hp.

Located in Md. asking 6k. I can put you in contact if you're interested.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:43 PM
BaldGeorge
1st Gear Member

Too far away. I'm in Wichita Falls TX. Looking for something within 300 miles. I figured the t-tops were scarce. I must have looked at a hundred hatchback Fox's over the last few months and none were t-top cars. If it wasn't so expensive and modified I'd buy it.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

I wouldn't buy it simply because it was "converted" to aero nose. I have yet to see a good conversion. Also, who knows whats "wrong" with the engine. Receipts don't mean jack if the guy who "built" it doesn't have a clue. I will say there are ALOT of good parts on it. But I bet if you took your time and looked for a while you could find something comperable for less than $15,000.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:25 PM
BaldGeorge
1st Gear Member

I do paint and body for a living. The fit of the panels is pretty good. The passenger fender to hood line is about 1/32 of an inch farther apart than the other side. The drivers side door could stand to be moved away from the fender 1/16 of an inch. Overall a good job. As far as the engine goes, I've never had MTS do any work for me nor do I know anybody firsthand thats had work done by them. Sure it runs good now, but it does seem like a gamble to take. I just wish I could find a decent, stock, unmolested car. So far I've been striking out on that. I'm looking at modded ones now, but I'm just not sure if I want to risk inheriting someone elses headache. The reason I'm looking for a Fox is because I like the look, the 5.0's are decent engines, and I enjoy driving a Mustang. My other two are too nice to drive to work, the store, etc. Frustrating...
Old 02-21-2006, 09:38 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Where is it and how much? Also on the t-top with the 347. Whats a realistic horsepower rating for that car? Finally, thats the first t-top I've seen. How common is it?

Where in MD is it located? Auto or 5 speed.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:01 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Where in MD is it located? Auto or 5 speed.
5 speed, Olney
Old 02-21-2006, 11:46 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I think that is just a crazy price for that car and there are only 2 kinds of T-TOPS those that leak and those that will. Where you at George I have a friend that has a 88 GT he is ask 4000 for but the car needs paint just old worn black but the body is very nice and the inside is clean the only draw back on the car is it is lowered (draw back to me) car is really a nice car other then the paint. For 15,000 it better be darn near perfect and be bad *** fast and I mean real fast. Just me
Old 02-22-2006, 04:29 AM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

MR BGEORGE, I WOULD JUST KEEP LOOKING, YOU CAN DO BETTER. THE T TOP CAME MOSTLY IN THE MIDDLE TO LATE EIGHTIES OR VERY EARLY NINETIES . THEY ARE NOT EXTREMLY RARE, ALSO THE SUN ROOF CAME IN THE EARLY MIDDLE EIGHTIES TO 93 ,THEY ARE PRETTY PLENTIFUL TOO,[WATCH OUT FOR SOME OF THESE THAT ARE NOT FACTORY SUN ROOFS.] IF THEY DO LEAK ,YOU CAN STILL BUY THE NEW SEALS FOR THESE. TAKE YOUR TIME , YOU CAN BE REAL CHOOSY IN FINDING JUST THAT RIGHT MUSTANG. GOOD LUCK.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
BaldGeorge
1st Gear Member

I'm in Wichita Falls TX. I went back and looked at the car again. Drove it this time. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph thats a built motor. I put it in first, gave it a little gas, and eased out the clutch. Back end slid around and I shoved the clutch back in. To drive this car all you have to do is let the clutch out. Oh, and unless you're on a hill start out in second. Don't give it any throttle at all. Once it starts rolling then you can push the foot feed. With that much power it's not going to be a DD. I'm pretty sure that in wet weather it would be damn near uncontrollable. Car corners like a dream though, and theres always power. I lowballed him, offered $8,000 cash. He told me he wasn't interested. Can anybody give me an idea of how much power that motor is making? Ballpark?

Quick Reply: Found a car, is it a good deal?