5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

foxbody brake questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 12:43 PM
steedastang96
1st Gear Member

Default foxbody brake questions

Hey, I was wondering if you might be able to help me land some info regarding disc brakes on Mustangs. I am looking to convert the front brakes on my 1958 Volvo to disc, and I believe that I might be able to use Mustang parts to do it without too much trouble. From what I understand, the old fox-body Mustangs used rotors that were placed on the back side of the wheel hub, but the 94+ Mustangs use rotors placed on the outside of the hub (between the hub and the wheel). Ideally, I'd prefer the later style, but since that would probably require having a whole new wheel hub manufactured for the Volvo (not a very fun idea), I figure that the earlier style might be the way to go.

So... do you ny any chance know any specs regarding the earlier style? I'm interested in diameter, width, design (i.e. solid or internally vaned), and particularly the diameter of the hat/hub portion of the rotors. I'm also kind of curious as to what sort of fluid volume the calipers use, if you know, but I'm guessing that is probably not very commonly available information.

this was a PM sent to me by a friend i personally dont know so could you please give me this info so i can tell him thanks

-Nick