5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

heater core is bad, is there any other place to block it off besides the fire wall??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 10:37 PM
5.0_faithful
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: heater core is bad, is there any other place to block it off besides the fire wall??

ORIGINAL: mustangman1

well thanks to everyone's help on this site i found out my heater core is bad, i live in so. cal. so i dont care about the heat and i wanna just block it off....but im haveing trouble working on it by the firewall. A friend told me to follow the "water pipe" to the water pump and i can block it off there.....but it looks like the "pipe" runs to other places beside the heater core (like the throttle body) so can someone tell me if there is any other places to block it off besides the firewall?????
When my heater core went bad I joined the inlet and outlet hoses at the firewall using Brass ****** Pipe Fittings. This allows you to join the two hoses securely and without leaking when You use good hose clamps. Also brass is better because there wont be the possibility of dirty rust flowing through your engine like a regular pipe might have. It worked great for me even with agressive driving! Hope this helps!!
Old 02-26-2006, 11:22 PM
mustangman1

Default RE: heater core is bad, is there any other place to block it off besides the fire wall??

ORIGINAL: 5.0_faithful

When my heater core went bad I joined the inlet and outlet hoses at the firewall using Brass ****** Pipe Fittings. This allows you to join the two hoses securely and without leaking when You use good hose clamps. Also brass is better because there wont be the possibility of dirty rust flowing through your engine like a regular pipe might have. It worked great for me even with agressive driving! Hope this helps!!
thanks for the input
Old 02-27-2006, 01:03 AM
mustangman1

ORIGINAL: badtzmaru

I think is time to start inversting in a chiltons repair manual.
http://www.worldcatlibraries.org/wcp...4da09e526.html

Good luck, I also live in San Diego, SOCAL area.
if you could help me...id pay you!!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:58 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i always cut stubborn hoses off with a box cutter and then pull them off. i know this sound nasty but if u knaw on the new hose a little it will slip in place easier with a little oil in the hose!!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:48 PM
mustangman1

ORIGINAL: odogg88

if i remember correctly the piece you need is dayco part #80433cs, this will connect them
anyone know who carries dayco parts?
Old 03-01-2006, 10:03 AM
mustangman1

if i remember correctly the piece you need is dayco part #80433cs, this will connect them
anyone know who carries dayco parts?
anyone??
Old 03-01-2006, 10:41 AM
odogg88
2nd Gear Member

i got mine from autozone.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:04 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65
just pull the dash its not that hard www.mustangsteve.com has info about doing it!
The links are down on the site...
Old 03-02-2006, 11:03 PM
mustangman1

thanks
Old 03-03-2006, 01:29 PM
mustangman1

thanks
i checked with autozone...and they dont carry any dayco parts, so does anyone know who would carry it?

Quick Reply: heater core is bad, is there any other place to block it off besides the fire wall??