5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Is this thing worth what I paid for it?? Pics...

Old 05-16-2007, 11:22 AM
scbmx87
1st Gear Member

Default Is this thing worth what I paid for it?? Pics...

Hey everyone, I purchased an 86 GT Vert a bout a month back and have had some minor problems with it. The car runs strong but second gear is going out of it. I probably have close to $2000 in it now including purchase price of $1500. Is it worth it? I've been thinking it is because I seldom see foxes in the same condition go for under $3000. Should I keep the white top and white interior or change it allto black?

Old 05-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Mike93SVT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is this thing worth what I paid for it?? Pics...

for 2k you got a steal. the car looks nice. as far as the interior, i'm partial to black.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:31 AM
nseoi
4th Gear Member

jeez great buy. black is great but keep your white interior original unless its in poor condition. $2000 after repairs and purchase is still a good price for it IMO
Old 05-16-2007, 11:34 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

looks good, i would say so.....better off than i am, i got hosed for 3200 and ive easily paid more into it now trying to fix what was wrong with it and trying to mod at the same time but its sooooo slowwww with no money now after ive fixed everything.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:42 AM
scbmx87
1st Gear Member

The white interior is in pretty ****ty shape. I'm keeping it until I get another DD though. I have a 10 month old Pit Bull puppy who doesn't care what my interior looks like, or if he tears the hell out of it. I think the interior and a new black top are gonna be done next winter. Also, should i rebuild and supercharge my 302 or build a 351 and supercharge it? Is it worth going to a 351?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:45 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

that shouldnt even be a question.....but there is two quotes heard throughout that go with this comment, no replacement for displacement and speed is money, how fast do you wanna go?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Mayo87
1st Gear Member

steal bro. if u saw how my car looked it would make u feel better lol. i payed 2,500 it had a rusted out roof and a smashed front driverside quadra pannel but i wetsanded n put ospho on my roof primered it and pulled the pannel out myself.. and my second gear is starting to act like urs
Old 05-16-2007, 01:05 PM
ruger311
4th Gear Member

looks nice man most everyone on this forum has more than $2000 in any car they own
Old 05-16-2007, 01:50 PM
lx5oh

nice car. maybe I'm just a sucker for 4 eyed black convertibles though . I'd go for the black top, but like i said, i'm biased. i have a few pics of my car at members.cardomain.com/lx5oh if you want to see how black looks. grey interior for me. The white looks nice though. It might be nice because with a black top and dark interior, I can pretty much cook a stir fry on my seat when it's sunny and hot out.

As for the value of your car, it all depends on who you buy it from. I got my car for a dollar from my neighbor, and it ran pretty great when I got it. don't ask how, the stars aligned or something. I've put a few thousand into it since though.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:57 PM
cassidymustang
4th Gear Member

i use to have the same car. Mine was white tho. I say keep the white interior and change the top to black. the white top is a bi@tch to keep up with and they are not hard to do yourself

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this thing worth what I paid for it?? Pics...