5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

street races last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 04:00 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Default RE: street races last night

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

Mid-11s and that's the baddest street car you've ever seen? Weak sauce. Our street race eventsoften have 8 sec cars. These aren't everyweekend gatherings. It's a set event to bring out the real cars. But you can find 10 sec cars any weekend it's not raining. A H/C/I S-trim car would be bait here.
is it like all out drag cars racing street cars?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:21 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

Mid-11s and that's the baddest street car you've ever seen? Weak sauce. Our street race eventsoften have 8 sec cars. These aren't everyweekend gatherings. It's a set event to bring out the real cars. But you can find 10 sec cars any weekend it's not raining. A H/C/I S-trim car would be bait here.
Not really.Few are tube chassis cars, though they do make it out. Several are just fox mustangs with Dart blocks spraying 300+hp. Low 10s N/A + 300hp = crazy fast. There are some Chevy guys too. There are several of the lowly 10 sec cars that are either daily driven or daily driver material. Mine was not daily driven, but could have been easily. I still had all accessories with a/c, full stock interior and a CD player. But 10.4x's on radials and 91 octane left me sitting on the porch when the quick cars came out. My 9sec coupe was just bought by a street racer wanting to upgrade from his LS1. He's going to tweek the suspension, double the nitrous and it should be good for 9.0s or maybe an 8. It's very streetable if you can afford 110 octane. The last big event we had was won by a turbo coupe in the mid-8s. The big cars only race 1/8 mile though on the street.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:40 PM
AlabamaCobra
2nd Gear Member

lemme clarify man, he said it was mid 11's but he spins his et streets all the way down the track. but yea just the fact that its a fox, and was fully restored and modified by a 20 year old i dug it. But now that you mention "the baddest" there was a ws6 that would tote the front end about 100 yards every time he took off.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:45 PM
AlabamaCobra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

Not really.Few are tube chassis cars, though they do make it out. Several are just fox mustangs with Dart blocks spraying 300+hp. Low 10s N/A + 300hp = crazy fast. There are some Chevy guys too. There are several of the lowly 10 sec cars that are either daily driven or daily driver material. Mine was not daily driven, but could have been easily. I still had all accessories with a/c, full stock interior and a CD player. But 10.4x's on radials and 91 octane left me sitting on the porch when the quick cars came out. My 9sec coupe was just bought by a street racer wanting to upgrade from his LS1. He's going to tweek the suspension, double the nitrous and it should be good for 9.0s or maybe an 8. It's very streetable if you can afford 110 octane. The last big event we had was won by a turbo coupe in the mid-8s. The big cars only race 1/8 mile though on the street.
the fastest car out there was an evo that some korean looking guy built who could barel speak ENGRISH. He looked like the kinda guy who could make a nuke with a cell phone. If you rode in this car it felt like a 250 pound man pushing you into the seat
Old 05-28-2007, 01:52 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

An EVO? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathe* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 05-28-2007, 01:58 PM
86GTKid

yea we have permission at my spot too. i don't like it but my uncles car is fast as **** 91 eagle talon runs mid 9's its f***ing nasty. the evo's at the track can't touch him
Old 05-28-2007, 02:00 PM
AlabamaCobra
2nd Gear Member

laugh all you want man, but this cat took 2 fast 2 furious serious rofl.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:19 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

We've got a few 8 and 9 second cars too.
One is a Vega that had a Procharger but now is getting a huge turbo and another is a '97 S10 with a Procharged 540 Merlin big block.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Valcore
3rd Gear Member

theres a guy around here who almost never comes out, but he has a 7 second cobra 850rwhp without his 300 shot. Last time he was at the track, he blew out 3rd gear and still ran a 9

Old 05-28-2007, 07:21 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

I was talking about a 16 car field running a ladder on the street.