5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

OUCH!! G@DD#MNIT!!- They are gonna fix it!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 06:49 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: OUCH!! G@DD#MNIT!!!

That really sucks!! Glad you all are ok though!! That's what really matters.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:59 AM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

dude that sucks *****.. i hope he doesnt have to total it.. what else do you have done to the car n e ways? anything?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:01 PM
GT350
1st Gear Member

You need to keep in mind, your in a negeoating process, its not only what they will give you it's also what you will take, you didnt do the damage, their driver did it! lets say they will giv$2500, you need to start at $4500, they will try to bulldog you, stick to your guns and tell them if they don't want to pay what its worth then find you a replacement! I'm telling you thats the way to do it, keep in mind the law works this way, All you have to do to recoup a monetary loss is to prove neglgence, which they already admitted to, gotem by the nuts, never< I repeat, never take an offer thats not what you want! And they will try and stall, turn the tables and call them every day and ask, wheres my money, quit stalling, wheres my money, they'll grow tired of this and want to get rid of yuou!!
Old 06-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

You know of course that if they want to total it, you can argue with them and just have it fixed. Usually, if you point out that their insured is the one that caused the accident, you have more money than what they're offering you into the car, and you can't afford to get another car for what they're offering...They'll fix it. Any mention of a lawyer involved, and they'll just haul it to a body shop and fix the car. You don't have to roll over for them, and I certainly wouldn't in this case.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Ryan5.0
2nd Gear Member

A similar situation happened to me several years ago in my 89 Cougar XR-7. A woman ran a stop sign and t-boned the passenger side of the car. It was driveable but totalled. This car was in great shape with only 80,000 miles. The ins co offered $1950 and I could by it back for $300. I did not accept it and after about 30 days of the insurance company failing to return my calls or make another offer, I called the insurance commission for my state. Within 3 hours of the phone call to the State Insurance Commission, the insurance company called and offered $3500 with a $300 buy back. I took it, bought the car back and then sold it as is for $1200 for a total of $4400. I had about $3500 in it, so I came out pretty good. I really hope it works out this well for you. GL.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:00 AM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

Well it has been 2 weeks now and I have heard nothing back from the insurance company. I called them today and the lady who is handleing my claim is out till the 11th! It is cool that they set me up with a rental but I am really getting tired of driving this taurus! I stopped and checked on a 91 convertible 4 cyl at a car lot today they want $3400 for it I'm sure if I walked in with $2800 cash they would take it. Thinking it would be a good DD till I get the new motor built and gather up the last of the parts I was wanting for my notch then treat the 91 to a 5.0 Saleen make over. My notch would have everything I would need to do it.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:30 PM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

I just got word that they are not going to total my car!!!

The estimated damages came out too $1395.70[&:]

Thanks to the additional equipment I added including the spoiler (for those that think spoilers on notches are worthless) they valued my car at $3880 the way it sits! (wonder whata nice paint job will value it at?)

So hopefully with in the week it will be at an auto body shop getting put back on the road.

My notch was too nice and too straight to be feed to a crusher!!

I am so Happy now!!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:27 AM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

congrats! wont it have a salvage title now?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:09 AM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

No not for such minumal damage. I wouldn't think.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:42 AM
00limited7
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nacanitihs

congrats! wont it have a salvage title now?
Only if they total it and he decides to fix it.

Quick Reply: OUCH!! G@DD#MNIT!!- They are gonna fix it!!