5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Cobra badges on a GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 04:55 PM
GT350
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Cobra badges on a GT

I guess on my GT350 I should change those decals, its not a 350 nor does it make 350HP. And now its a 347 motor so I need those emblems and it makes around 400hp, so I guess I now have to find GT400+ decals, what a pain thats going to be to find!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:23 PM
philthy89fifty
4th Gear Member

was dath talking to me? i was on his side of this argument.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:25 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

ha ha[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
leave whatever sticker from the factory on. if ya change them, then ya change them. its not a big deal to me. its kool if ya put a 331 or 347 emblum on the side if ya want. i want mine stock lookin so i keep the stock gt emblum. if ya put a big v-tec emblum on ur stang...then theres a problem.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KSnider93LX

You were right to call him out. Next thing you know people will be putting Z-71 or Powerstroke emblems on their cars.
Crap...how did you know what I was going to do?![8D]
Old 06-19-2007, 05:56 PM
dman302
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cbennett

so there is this kid that runs around town, in a SD 5.0 GT
with cobra badges..
you would think, i would say.. "why the f*ck do you have cobra badges on a gt"
instead i asked him..

"DUDE.. WHY WOULD YOU PUT A GT BODY KIT ON A COBRA!, AND WHERE ARE THE ORIGINAL WHEELS!??! WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO RUIN A COBRA!?"

of course hes like.. dude calm down, its a gt with cobra badges..

.... so.. why put cobra badges on a gt..

f*cking stupid.
This from the guy who runs a ventilated hood...oh sorry non funcitioning vented hood . Ah don't worry I ran cobra emblems for years on my car...guess I figured the hp I was running allowed me to
Old 06-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Dath
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PX429

ORIGINAL: Dath

If you haven't noticed, most of the people here modify their car in one way or another. Your hood doesn't look OEM to me and I don't like it.Should I stop you on the street to tell you how gay it looks to me?
That's a huge differance. He's not claiming he's driving a cobra by purchasing that hood. Putting cobra/gt500/shelby/saleen badges on a V6 or a GT is RICE. It's exactly the same as putting a vtec/nawz sticker on a car that doesn't have vtech or nitrous. Or putting a 5.0/GT badge on a V6 mustang. It's called RICE!

Body kits are ok. Just don't change your emblems to claim you have something you don't
The guy with the cobra emblems wasn't claiming he owned one either,hestartedright off by saying it wasn't a cobra when asked. Do you assume that everyone with a saleen wing or cobra side skirts is claiming they own one or the other? Even if they admit it's not? You are picking and choosing what you consider 'rice' based on personal preference. Here's a freebie...rice is any modification that gives the appearance of higher performance without actually increasing the performance. The guy with the non funcitioning vented hood is calling out some stranger with a fox for having a 2" emblem on the side.Holy hypocritical batman! You going to chase down all those GT's sporting cobra rims (thats 4 cobra emblems!!1 OMFG) with your buddy cbennett and give them hell?

And if we wasn't trying so hard to be a dick, he might have found out that the '84 had a few mods to justify the miniscule hp difference between a GT and the cobra...wouldn't take much.

No wonder fox owners have such a rep for being asshats.

Wasn't talking to you philthy89fifty.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:18 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

I personally take offence to losers putting cobra badges on their GT's. I spent good money so I could say i have a Cobra...

Then some random person asks me... "Is that a real cobra, or just another fake!" GOD that pisses me off!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 PM
philthy89fifty
4th Gear Member

you should take it as a compliment that they think so highly of your cobra they would spend the 20 bucks to try to pass theirs off as one. anyone who knows a little about these cars can tell a real from a fake. guys who have real shelby cobras don't get mad when people buy those replicas because it drives the price of the real ones up.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Dave93VertGt
2nd Gear Member

instead of leaving it shaved, i might put "running horse" emblems on the sides.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

so wait... I'm an asshat ricer because I want to put the '86 saleen kit on my t-top after I convert it to a 5.0 and complete the supporting mods... (8.8, subframes, suspension etc...) now note, I'l be running 5.0 badges and not have a single emblem that reads "Saleen"

Quick Reply: Cobra badges on a GT