5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Cervini's vs Harwood

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 05:29 PM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Cervini's vs Harwood

ORIGINAL: 92dropgt

just took some more pics for you, sides, underside, hinge, and the rear heat extractors, sorry for the dirtyness under the hood, havent had time lately to get a very nice cleaning that it needs bad lol

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...0drifter/hood/

edit: the gap from the hood and the fenders is cause the hood is popped, just so you dont think its bad lol
cool, thanks
Old 07-06-2007, 08:21 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

what do you guys think of abc exclusive hoods?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:31 AM
lookin4astang
3rd Gear Member

Dunno too much about em. Dad has a Cervini's 2" cowl on his 97 F350. And it truely WAS a bolt on deal. No fitment issues whatsoever, and it's nice and sturdy too. As I said, my Harwood is flimsy as hell, BUT it is a race hood, and it has came off the car and survived twice. So that should say something about them. You can see the place on the passenger side corner in my pics right next to the headlight. This was at about 90 mph when this happened.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:00 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nacanitihs

what do you guys think of abc exclusive hoods?
You couldn'task for any better IMHO, and it's about half the price of the Cervini.
I took it out of the packaging put in on the carto make sure everything lined up (fit perfectly) and then I sent it to the painters. The painter commented how smooth thehood was and what little prep work it took to get ready for paint.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:19 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL:nothsa

I think Cervini's is junk after having side scoops from them for my S197 that decided to fly off the car because of cheap fit and quality. Anyway, their customer service is **** and they wouldn't even sell me one scoop by itself after the dam thing flew off. Then they had the gracious courage to ask "Would you like to purchase a new set?"... RIGHT... Anyways that ended any further relations with that company...

JMO and experience, +1 if you've had a good one but mine was more than terrible especially dealing with who I talked with.

-Jeff
I've run into the same problem with Cervini's only it was my Stalker front bumper cover.
They (Cervini) told me that they had never heard of one of there stalkerpulling like that and it would be something that they would need to check into and get back to me on.

3 months later I called them back because they never called me and I asked what there findings were, they said they would call me as soon as they found out something. That was 3 yrs ago and I still haven't heard a word.
Like you that just ended my dealings with Cervini forever!
Old 07-10-2007, 04:32 PM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

I Love my Cervinis! The fit is great and the quality is amazing! Especially the finished under side! It will be even better when I get around to painting it! Not to be a dick or anything nothsa, but was the installation on your side scoops done properly? Were they 2-side taped on? if the surface wasn't properly prepared things like that can happen. It does not mean that the product was at fault! Just like people who have their hoods fly open! It is not the manufacturers fault! I an completely happy with my Cervivis, and would recomend them to anyone!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: creekrat

I Love my Cervinis! The fit is great and the quality is amazing! Especially the finished under side! It will be even better when I get around to painting it! Not to be a dick or anything nothsa, but was the installation on your side scoops done properly? Were they 2-side taped on? if the surface wasn't properly prepared things like that can happen. It does not mean that the product was at fault! Just like people who have their hoods fly open! It is not the manufacturers fault! I an completely happy with my Cervivis, and would recomend them to anyone!
And believe me I'm not trying to be a dick either.
But when you pay $525+ the shipping cost of $150, and then addanother $150 to have it prepped and painted, wouldn't youat leastexpect the manufacture such asCervini toreturn your call if your willing to call them and say that you have a problem with there product and not pass it off like there is nothing wrong with there product?
Think about it ifyou would: you paid $675for there productand they (Cervini's)won'tcall you back in a reasonable amount of time(and I'mthinking 3 yrsis reasonable time ) would you buy fromthat company again?

I've got pics to back up everything I've said about Cervini's and there stalker and if you want to see them just ask.
Maybe there hoods aregoodquality.......... or just maybeppl say they are because that's what they've read. But in my case I wouldn't own one of there hoods after my experience withCerviniand there stalker bumper cover.
Oh.......... and if you want to know how arrogantCervini's is about there parts just read this:

ben@cervinis.com
Hello, this is Ben from Cervini's Auto Designs. Yes, we can sell the running horse to you. It is $60.00 plus $7.00 shipping. If you are interested, call us at (800)-488-6057.

Thank You
Ben

I bought the same running pony from ABC Exclusive for $30 and $5 shipping
Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 PM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, they should have called you and at least got some info. No doubt. My comments wereintended for the side scoop guy. I was assuming they were attached with tape and if that is not prepped properly will not adhere well. By the way what exactly was the issue with the stalker?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: creekrat

Yeah, they should have called you and at least got some info. No doubt. My comments wereintended for the side scoop guy. I was assuming they were attached with tape and if that is not prepped properly will not adhere well. By the way what exactly was the issue with the stalker?
6 months after the car was painted the Cervini Stalker started pulling inward like this .

2 months later it had pulled so much that it actually started pushing the hood upward

And the prep instructions from Cervini were followed to the T but the painter.
I still have those instruction if you'd like to see them?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:00 AM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

Wow bro! That totally sucks! Looks pretty nasty. Is that a urethane piece? their covers aren't fiberglass are they? I can't even make an educated guess on that one due to the fact that I have little to no experience with urethane products. Looke like maybe someone forgot to add the stabilizer to that batch or something! How did it fit before it started to shrink?

Quick Reply: Cervini's vs Harwood