5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

PROJECT: 1986 t-top begins. ****UPDATE WITH PICS****

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:59 PM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: PROJECT: 1986 t-top begins.

Sound like you're gonna be in the same boat as me for a while. LOL. I'll keep an eye on your progress... can't wait to see some of the pics to come. If there's anythingI can help you with, give me a shout. GodI love t-tops... wish I had one.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:02 PM
92civy
4th Gear Member

pretty much same boat now. i will be sure to include pictures soon. and i will let you know if i need anything, thanks alot man.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:09 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92civy

yes you can go to : http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/.../mbodpan6.aspx

thye are 120 each side.

*AND WHY WS THIS MOVED TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION, ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS ANOTHER BUILD THREAD IN THE 5.0 SECTION. THIS IS A BUILD THREDA NOT GENERAL DISCUSSION. ALL MY QUESTIONS AND HELP NEEDED WILL BE IN THIS SO CAN YOU MOVE IT BACK TO THE 5.0 SECTION?
there wasn't a single asked question up above.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:45 AM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

ORIGINAL: 92civy

yes you can go to : http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/.../mbodpan6.aspx

thye are 120 each side.

*AND WHY WS THIS MOVED TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION, ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS ANOTHER BUILD THREAD IN THE 5.0 SECTION. THIS IS A BUILD THREDA NOT GENERAL DISCUSSION. ALL MY QUESTIONS AND HELP NEEDED WILL BE IN THIS SO CAN YOU MOVE IT BACK TO THE 5.0 SECTION?
there wasn't a single asked question up above.

I don't get it either 92civy.... my "Complete teardown and rebuild of a foxbody" thread was moved also. I don't know how you get more tech related than that. At the bottom right corner of my Haynes manual, it says,"Based on a complete teardown and rebuild." And that is definitely a technical book not a general dicussion. Jasperstang308, I even asked a moderator for approval in the 25th post of this thread... https://mustangforums.com/m_3479757/mpage_2/key_/tm.htmand none of them responded. Then I even PMed the Administrator asking/explainingabout my "teardown" thread before I started it and got no reply. So I started my thread and sure as crap... it got moved! I've been debating wheather or not to continue with my thread here or begin it again on another site where it won't get moved out of the tech section.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:18 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Ok, these threads are mostly filled w/ pictures. Not so much tech. THAT is why they are in this section. The forum/section rules are very simple. It's not rocket science and they should be very easy to follow. You guys are acting like babies for no reason.

As I already explained to 1 of the members thru pm's, when you get to a point where there is tech assistance needed, then post up in the tech section. Otherwise your project threads are nothing more than a photo display of your progress. Please tell me what is so technical about that.

Capri debri, in the future, contact a mod via pm and not ask for something in a thread. That way something won't get overlooked. I don't read every thread and every post on here.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:01 PM
92civy
4th Gear Member

that i should have removed. i have been through various pm's and i understand and i dont care now that it was moved. it did bother me at the time but hey its beeing looked at so i dont care.

JASPER: i wont have questions until i get further into my project. right now i am just begining and things are ok but i will be asking question in a different thread like advised to.

CAPRI: i didnt get it either before but now i really dont care. i will be sure to be bumping yours as you continue to include phots so it will be getting looked at by myself and others. i have thought about starting another thread somewhere else but instead i started a cardomain account. so others can see it. but i will be sure to include all my photos (that are coming soon) and info on this site also. so lets just continue to do so, as i will miss your thread not being update. my budget is nowhere near yours maybe even 1/4. but we are still having fun.

thanks all, now please back on topic lol.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 PM
88ttop5.0
2nd Gear Member

my t-tops dont leak !!!!!!!!!!!! maybe they will when i get a new engine in there and the body starts to twist lol good luck everyone...
Old 08-06-2007, 04:06 PM
92civy
4th Gear Member

well guys sorry for waiting so long for some photos, but i have been going through soe crazy family matters. but i have been qworking as much as i could which isn to much. but here you asll go.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:11 PM
92civy
4th Gear Member

Old 08-06-2007, 04:14 PM
92civy
4th Gear Member

Quick Reply: PROJECT: 1986 t-top begins. ****UPDATE WITH PICS****