5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

finally a video of our 94 GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:31 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

Default finally a video of our 94 GT

It's a work in progress, shared between me and my brother in law... plenty more to come as time goes on. Next spring he's getting a new top put on it, and I'm piecing together a rear end rebuild for it with upgraded gears and such.

lemme know what you think!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=13952773
Old 07-24-2007, 12:35 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default RE: finally a video of our 94 GT

sounds clean i have the same set up but mine sound wayyyy different with the cam

was he trying to be quick on the second pull? sounds a little weak in the shifts.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:42 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

The first slow drive off was me, and the second two runs were my friend Luke. He was moderately shifting it. I don't like the stock shifter, it feels way too long but we are able to shift it a lot quicker/harder. Just didn't want to wear out our welcome on that road haha.

like I said... more videos to come. I am very busy overall so it's pretty lucky I was able to make those videos let alone put the exhaust on.

Thanks

Yeah... I'm more than willing to say that a cam will make this exhaust sound better... but one thing at a time!

What setup do you have? Just a cam swap, or more? How tough was it with the engine in the car?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:43 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I just read your sig... nice setup, did you do all that with the engine in the car?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:49 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

did it during the rebuild. i did exhaust, shifter, sub frames, ignition coil and rad with engine in but those are simple mods.

next will be my head and intake swap with the engine in the car, that will be some fun haha.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:55 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

from doing the exhaust and seeing how the engine is set in there, I told myself if I'm gonna do heads or anything that major... I'm gonna pull the engine out and save myself some headaches, and while it's out upgrade the clutch.

Does a short throw help out a lot? This shifter is totally stock. On my 97, the guy I got it from set up the stock shifter WITHOUT the rubber grommets, and that was pretty nice. This one still has all that, itfeels like a sloppy shifter, I hope putting in an aftermarket one will speed/crisp up the shifts.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

from doing the exhaust and seeing how the engine is set in there, I told myself if I'm gonna do heads or anything that major... I'm gonna pull the engine out and save myself some headaches, and while it's out upgrade the clutch.

Does a short throw help out a lot? This shifter is totally stock. On my 97, the guy I got it from set up the stock shifter WITHOUT the rubber grommets, and that was pretty nice. This one still has all that, itfeels like a sloppy shifter, I hope putting in an aftermarket one will speed/crisp up the shifts.

i like the feel of a short throw, more of a grip it and rip it feel. i agree stock feels sloppy. its nice having a new shifter too, everything is firm again, no searching for a gear, and of course the shorter throw.

as for performace gains....depends on driver. some will benefit, some will shift the same. i consider myself a very good manual driver. all my cars have always been manual, i learned on a manual and my whole family drives manual. so i feel i benefit from teh shorter throw.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:23 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

almost all the cars I have owned have been manual... at least the ones I have picked, haha!

I guess we'll add a short throw to the list! What a long list we have... ha

is there any brand shifter that you would reccomen? I see you have the hurst.. how was the price? I was looking into an MGW shifter, but I've seen some other ones for less money... is the shifter piece as well one that 'you get what you pay for'?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:36 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

kind of. i here alot of people raving about the MGW. i love my hurst. i think it depends on look and functionality. alot of people i spoke to while buying a shifter told me pro 5.0 and alot of people on here use it.

i got mine for about 120 from summit i think. fast shipping, easy intall. i say you should decide between pro 5.0, MGW, and hurst

just dont buy like a .....b&m ripper or anything i here bad things.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

PRO. 5.0 FTW i got that one and i love it..

Quick Reply: finally a video of our 94 GT