5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Well, its official, my car is totalled

Old 07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Default Well, its official, my car is totalled

Guys, take care of your cars. Also, be careful where you park. A couple months ago my car got hit while I was parked at the dragstrip. After 3 estimates (all from the same place) the final one came out to be $4350 just to fix the one side.Finally got a final "inspection" done by insurance today and they made the call.Totalled [:'(]Im getting a check for$4137 and goin to the DMV to buy my car back (salvage title) for only $130. The dent isnt getting fixed, and the money is goin to pay off my ATV and some other small **** I owe. Once I get my finances straight, I will be buying a newer car...not sure what route I will take yet. I plan on keeping the GT and hopefully making a drag car out of it one day, or sell it if the price is right. All this crap for one dent in the side of my damn car. Enough BS, heres a pic of what a "totalled" car looks like now-a-days.

[IMG]local://upfiles/42580/09134D121A5140659E2EA3FE2B1A0928.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-24-2007, 04:50 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Well, its official, my car is totalled

You can't drive it anymore?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:53 PM
1985stang
3rd Gear Member

Totalled?Wow...
Old 07-24-2007, 04:55 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

You can't drive it anymore?
I can drive it...It drives fine except for the tire rubs when I hit big bumps. However, I dont plan on keeping it on the road with that huge ugly dent in it. I also drive 100 miles a day so I use my dad's Cummins.

And yes, insurance companies are ********. Total a car over an basketball sized dent. Its now got a salvage title and Im not paying 4000+ dollars to fix 1/4 of the drivers side. [&:]
Old 07-24-2007, 05:15 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

As long as they're willing to pay you.... they're nothing wrong with excepting it has always been my theory!

But the only downfall is usually they'll come up with something to increase your yearly payment when you try to renew your policy with them.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

i dont see how the total came out to be like that? I work at Radley Chevrolet and today we took a brand new Tahoe to the customer, i read his receit and he got a brand new passenger fender and door, all painted 1520

you should go to a junkyard bro, get meiniki to paint the fenders and a body guy to put them on
Old 07-24-2007, 05:28 PM
emericaskater285
1st Gear Member

that mustang is too clean for a salavge tittle thats total bs.
i cant belive that crap, i would have just fixed everything on my own if i would have known that they were makin it a salavage of it, but too late now, i hope all works out well for you tho.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:37 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

its not just a fender, its the quarter panel... not exactly "bolt on" like a fender.... requires cutting, welding, etc...its really a shame... iev seen the car countless times... and its not that bad... for the co to total it is some serious bull ****.... man usually id bust on ya right now, but na man im ****in upset that YOUR car is off the road now... so doug what are you going to do w. the car? obviously keep it i no...but wuts it gonna do sit? if u ever sell that car, u better give me dibs on some parts... but i rly hope u dont get rid of it...

i still like the 3 gallons of bondo idea[8D]
Old 07-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Importssuk
2nd Gear Member

was that the insurance estimate or a body shop? insurance people are retards. take it to a good bodyshop by you and let them give you an estimate. i guarantee it wont be $4k. plus you can also do some of the disassembly work yourself like removing the interior pieces and the quater glass, to save some extra $$$. you can prob work something out with the bodyshop. i wounldnt give up on thatcar if it was mine. ive seen worse get repaired for alot less $$$.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:58 PM
89 fox
4th Gear Member

+1...bring it to a body shop....one ofmy dumb a$$ mechanics ran down the whole bed side of an 03 F250...they replaced the complete bedside and repainted(two tone) it for 2,500....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well, its official, my car is totalled