5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Yay! It's finally here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:52 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default Yay! It's finally here!

Got the rest of the parts that need for my second nitrous stage. Going to knock my current 100 wet-shot back to teh second stage and I'm going to add a dry first stage (50 shot.) This way, I can spray off the line, or at least a little sooner. And then once I hit second gear hit the wet kit like I normally would. It's nothing huge, but it should make a difference and should help the ET. It won't help the HP at all, but I'm in it for the times, not the HP.

Now I just have to wait for my wideband to get here so I can tune the dry kit.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:03 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Yay! It's finally here!

you've been screwin with tweecer without a wideband?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:08 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Only in certain situations.

When I need to tune my WOT runs, then I go to the friend's dyno. He has an Innovative wideband controller that screws into a bung. Then I can tune the WOT runs.

But there there's teh other side of the tune... the daily driver tune. I'm not going to constantly be running WOT. In fact, most of the time I will be in Closed Loop at no more than 3/4 throttle. You can tune Closed Loop with just narrowband O2 sensors by using short term and long term fuel trims.

But I'm at the point now where i don't want to have to go to the dyno and screw in a wideband every time I want to tweak my tune. So I finally broke down and bought my own wideband that i can leave connected 24/7/365. And since I have one now, I might as well use that to tweak Closed Loop too.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:12 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Sam you are a mad scientist when it comes to all that tronic stuff. You should do a little side work to make extra money with all the tuning stuff you know. I have a two year degree in electronics and most of the time dont know what your talking about, but i work on jet electronics for the air force, i guess that is why i run a carb.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:14 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

its not that complicated. everything he just said is in every EFI vehicle.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:17 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

its not that complicated. everything he just said is in every EFI vehicle.
I know its efi, i have had a couple. But like i said thats why i run carb.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:18 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

yah carbs are a ton easier.
i've actually been thinking of switching to carb when i finally get this car off the road long enough to turn some wrenches on it.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:20 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

Sam you are a mad scientist when it comes to all that tronic stuff. You should do a little side work to make extra money with all the tuning stuff you know. I have a two year degree in electronics and most of the time dont know what your talking about, but i work on jet electronics for the air force, i guess that is why i run a carb.
LoL, I don't have time for side jobs. Although I do screw around and help here and there on the side when I'm needed. It's not for money though. I just get hooked up when i need it. 30# injectors for $100. Got a free installation kit for my 3.73 gears. Free use of a dyno, etc. In exchange I help out when I can and I help keep their computers running (I'm a computer forensic analyst w/ a 4 year CS degree.)

I also sell / repair computers on the side... when i'm not flying planes, playing in my own car, or SCUBA diving, lol. I just don't have the time or anything else!!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:21 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

If i ever need another carb i am going to buy a simple holley 4-barrel w/ mech. sec. Now i have a RACE HP Holley 750 and that thing is very tempermental.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

Not to steal the thread... But what wideband did ya get? I did a bit of looking before I replaced my stockers and couldn't find any appreciable information about brand X or type Y. Also, where from?

Quick Reply: Yay! It's finally here!