5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

need everyones suggestion, lol im in deep sh*t

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 11:13 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Default RE: need everyones suggestion, lol im in deep sh*t

sounds like you just got scared and locked up the brakes and the car just skid. i doubt in that situation if the best of brakes would have helped much. the way it sounds the car is totaled. i just hope you had full coverage.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:19 AM
droptopred
2nd Gear Member

nope i didnt have full coverage..... i was gonna do it when i came back home....

and yeah i just got the car, i had it for about a month, i just wanna sell some parts off so i can some money back and thought you guys knew what i can sell to get some money back engine wise... cuz i know i can sell doors, roof, bumpers trunk the sound system, cluster, interrior dash, intake manifold is all i see, that can be sold you guys have any suggestions what else can be sold thats back there even on the sides of the engine..?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:45 AM
98MustangGT46
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear what happened.. If you can post some pics..
Old 08-06-2007, 11:48 AM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

I hate to see that you have wrecked your car, and you hit the wall at you guess about 100? You are lucky to be alive. Maybe you can find you a new front clip and keep the car, but it sounds trashed. I bet Adder will have something to "add".
Old 08-06-2007, 11:51 AM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

What kind of maf and injectors do you have?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:09 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

depends on what your wanting to do. if it were me i would try to recover the motor and tranny. rebuild/ build something killer. (working on a motor outside of the car is way easier and a better learning experiance. cant really mess a whole lot up.) then find a roller body cheap to stick your motor in. i bet you'd end up with something alot nicer/faster. but if you cant slow yourself down without breaks i'm assuming youwere either A)trying to f-around and you dont have the responsibilty of having a fast carB) got too scared and didnt know what to do or dont know how to drive or C)had absolutely no time to slow down from 100+mph.....

but why were you going that fast anyways? considering you are skidding and sliding around andcaught someair and slammed into a "mountain" you were going 50mph TOPS! 100 mph you are dead or damn lucky and someone likes you for whatever reason.

lets see those pics!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:21 PM
droptopred
2nd Gear Member

ill have the pics, next week....

i mean i drive fast cars, and i didnt reallt get scared i tried to stop the car till the end.....

and i was going about 50 i would say then hit a really steep hill thats when i tired to stop and couldnt.....

i would love to rebuild that car it was the best, wasnt fast tho...

and my car is completly stock.... MAF and injectors are stock but the injectors were sh*t in that car i have new ones at home that i didnt install yet...

i want to rebuiild it..

ill show you guys pix next week you guys tell me what to do..
Old 08-06-2007, 12:30 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

salvage any usable parts(personally i would take the good mechanical parts fix em up and find a roller body thats nice.)

what type of collision was it? head on, pass or driver side? rear end by chance? you might be able to fix the body.

body damage is expensive to get fixed if you dont do it yourself, maybe this would be a good learning experiance for you. junk yards are now your friends.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:34 PM
droptopred
2nd Gear Member

it was head on collision i have no clue how i would fix that body i think its wrecked... but i can try how much can i get a rollerbody for?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:43 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: droptopred
pretty much i was going fast and as to the damage my headlights disapeared... lol
i cant move.... i think i hit that wall at over 100 mph
knowing you had problems with your brakes and yet somehow you were going 100mph? [&:]

Quick Reply: need everyones suggestion, lol im in deep sh*t