5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

transmission. quick question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:31 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default transmission. quick question

i cant seem to find the thread where someone suggested a T-5 repair manual. they said it was really good, pictures and step by step procedures. does anyone know where that post is or what book it was? i want to buy it, im think im going to rebuild the tranny until i get the money for theTKO which will be a while.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:43 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

Default RE: transmission. quick question

tko ftw, pm dimebag im sure he knows where the manual is

Old 08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: primetime5.0

tko ftw, pm dimebag im sure he knows where the manual is

to be honest with you....that hurts....hahah. i wish i had the money for one of those bad boys. i have a feeling i'll be asking lots of questions. i found this book. is it any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T5-Tr...QQcmdZViewItem

i want something with pictures and step by step, this looks like the ticket. t-5 world class and non world class.

can anyone list the supplies needed to do this rebuild tools, lube, parts?

i have a feeling just synchros because it grinds only when i shift quickly into second the rest of the gears shift flawless except..... when im in nuetral you cannot just put it into 3rd gear. you must shift 2nd then it slides with ease into 3rd. and i dont mean it grounds or anything from N to 3rd. it will not go. you can push as hard as you want and it will not budge. it goes into the rest of the gears no prob and it has no problem going from 2nd to 3rd. but from N to 3rd....not happening. any idea what thats about? is it binding up somehow? i just doesnt make sense that it has no prob from 2nd to 3rd but N to 3rd just will not move. the stick literally will not go up will not grind or anything.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:33 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

you need... all your basic tools and such

a gear spliter
a hydrolic press
micrometer
and like i said all your basic tools

all i can say is be careful, take your time, double check everything, and dont **** up

my manual is from carburetor-manual.com someone sent it to me, and i just printed it out... its a good one
Old 08-17-2007, 07:30 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

what exactly do you need the hydrolic press for? is it something quick like i could take it down to the mustang shop and they could press it together for me and ill be on my way???
Old 08-17-2007, 07:55 PM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

I had found one online in PDF format I downloaded and printed out I'll see if I can find the link when I get home or maybe if I still have the PDF file I could try to e-mail it to you. Worth a try for free.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:57 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

you need to press the gears off, and then on... its tha main part of the rebuild... while their off, you have to swap out all the new parts from the rebuild kit with the olds... its the most intensive/time consuming part of rebuilding the thing. i just used the press at work, but im gonna look up tonight, and price them, id sure like to have my own at home

theres no way around it... you NEED a press