school kicks ass...getting to build my own rear in class - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 5.0L General Discussion
Reload this Page >

school kicks ass...getting to build my own rear in class

Notices
5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

school kicks ass...getting to build my own rear in class

Old 08-28-2007, 10:03 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

Default RE: school kicks ***...getting to build my own rear in class

ORIGINAL: ACE

wicked! why dont you just save the money and get some 456!!! they are the best kind of gears to have!! haha kidding go with the 373s
yeah thats what i was thinking. i live in the city so i dont see much highway unless im driving home to jersey from mass. hows the car been by the way?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:45 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

im putting 4.30's in my 5.0 right now as we speak/........actually im sitting in my dorm waiting to go home for labour day so i can finish it up. but ya man as the old saying goes "dont fear the gear"
Old 08-28-2007, 10:50 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

haha 4.30's are too much for me i think im gunna go with the 3.73's
Old 08-28-2007, 10:53 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

how bout the 3.90 that sounds like a good comprimise....no?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:57 PM
georgiaguy246
4th Gear Member

thanks a bunch hack. i would have to go out of state for the school but its no biggie. but thanks for clearing that up for me and such, i need to check them out. and sorry if i hijack the thread.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:05 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Old 08-28-2007, 11:08 PM
92civy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

ORIGINAL: georgiaguy246

i heard the higher the gears the better for city but worse for highway. the lower better for highway the worse for city if you get what i am saying. there are guys in my car club with 4.10s and a supercharger getting anywhere from 20-30 mpg and pushing around 400 rwhp. since they drive around town it dosen't take much to get the car moving so therefore you get better mpg. if you get what i am saying. not trying to hijack the thread but are you a freshmen there and tell me more about it if you don't mind. i am a junior in high school looking for the right auto school to go to.
seriously if you want to go to an auto school go to uti. i have been to the other schools i have seen what they do and it doesnt compair to UTI. in the school your not a freshman or senior or anything. depending on what you take decides how long youll be in the school. im taking automotive and ford fact. i cover everything thats on a car from engines drivetrains to hot rodding dyno tuning and street tuning all that stuff. then i go on to ford fact. there i learn everything ford has and after that class i can go to any ford dealer in the country and work for them. only down fall is classes are 6 hours a day 5 days a week and its the same class for 3 weeks straight. you get a 15 minute break and then a 30 minute break and then you go home. there are also no dorms on any campus so you have to find an apartment.
i will be looking into this school for sure. i am very very interested in this school and i wanna go to it. Lol, $$?? what did it cost you. If you can pm me some info on your course and what the length and all the info about what you do in your course i would appreciate it.

and 3.73 FTW.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:10 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

yea good **** huh...

i started school up again to day... this semester im going to throw a cam in my car, do 3.73s, and rebuild another t5... im stoked
Old 08-29-2007, 04:17 AM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

3.73's shouldn't kill ya too much, but I say use the 3.55's for the highway mileage so you can test drive it to AZ and help me do mine!
Old 08-29-2007, 04:30 AM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

I was also looking into UTI... one of my friends went there and loved it... I'm also interested in how much it costs... pm me if you dont mind.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: school kicks ass...getting to build my own rear in class

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.