5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

BBK Headers good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 08:08 AM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

Default BBK Headers good?

I am looking at getting a set of BBK equal length shorty headers and a O/R H-pipe or X-pipe. A friend of mine said to stay away from BBK because they never fit right. He said he had to redrill the holes to get them to line up and such, said they were a pain in the *** and BBK stuff never fits right. Have any of you had these problems? I'm looking to put them on a 94 GT. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:03 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default RE: BBK Headers good?

eclipses arent fast.

get summit, cheaper and they are the same thing. they will fit, im sportin them on my 89. samseed got some summits on his ride too, its a 94.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:24 AM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

MAC stuff never fits

the equal lengths arent worth the extra effort to install

you will more than likely have to lift the motor a couple inches to clear the strut towers

just get shorty unequals

and BBK makes high quality exhaust parts, i run shorties with an o/r h-pipe.. its loud
Old 08-30-2007, 09:51 AM
cundnracing

I used to sell BBK and run it on my cars, now Icarry MAC. I stopped selling BBK because they pinch the headers and spend no time designing there headers and I had problems with the headers, X pipe and even there throttle bodys. They just wanna be the first people out with something for new cars. MAC has been around for 40 years, when I was looking for some headers for my 95 Cobra I looked at everyones headers to get the biggest flanges that are not pinched (Kooks, BBK, ford motorsport, pace seters and so on. I ran across MAC and that is the only brand I carry now. This is my opinion only and all my dyno pulls shows that MAC over takes all other brands. Thanks CUNDNRACING.com
Old 08-30-2007, 09:55 AM
cundnracing

Alos go with long tubes not equal lenght shortys because you will have no clearance with plug, wires or anything. If you go with shortys go with un equal lenght because the extar 8HP is not worth the problems with your wires burning and its hard to check your plugs if you are running nitrous or supercharger. Long tubes is the way to go! Thanks
Old 08-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Dave93VertGt
2nd Gear Member

i got shorty equals on mine, theyre LOUD, they provide great gains, and work well with more exhaust mods. i never had problems installing on my 93, simple replacement.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:09 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

For right now, I'm not interested in messing with long tubes. In the future when I tear into the motor, I'll consider them, for now I'm just looking for something a little better then stock. Mainly I want to get rid of the cats and such but figured I might as well get some decent headers in there while I'm at it. So the equal lengths aren't a good idea?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 PM
steel1
2nd Gear Member

I have a set of BBK un-equal stainless shorties, on my 93GT. I had no problems bolting them on and the flanges are 3/8" thick. Allthe bends seem nice and smooth and I got them used off e-bay for $100.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:41 PM
68CSTANG
3rd Gear Member

I put MAC equals on my 90 and it was a pain, had to lift the motor up and take the motor mount off on the drivers side. They fit and work good though.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:00 PM
90_Mustang_GT
2nd Gear Member

Man my BBK's after taking my old stockers off took me 1 hour tops putting my new ones in. No problems old ones off new ones in, that easy.

Quick Reply: BBK Headers good?