5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

used parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 12:27 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

Default RE: used parts?

itsnot quite as extreme as 1800 hp ...but theres a kid who i used to go to school with..pretty much same car as me only his is a 5spd....we were talkin the one day and outta no where he brings up his car...and all the plans he has for it.....well were talkin and i was just kinda lettin him go but he got to a point and goes ya...i mean they come 250 stock...and ive got straight pipes, a k&n filter, and headers....so i should be up around 290 or so....i really wanted to just be like dude..its a basically stock 94 5.0....it might have 200 and thats if ur lucky....after this statement..he got goin on how this winter hes gonna put a new top end on it and then maybe next spring put a procharger on it....i just kinda laughed to myself and let him go with his fantasies. i just thought since u were on the subject of people who dont know what there talkin about..id throw that in there....
Old 09-10-2007, 12:29 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Maybe they are related. lol
Old 09-10-2007, 01:09 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

reminds me of a guy here in town has a 02gt i think.

he says he bought a twin turbo kit off ebay with t3's. with stock interenals he is going to push i think he said 20psi and make 1000 to the wheels. i said what about internals. he said no need his is a special edition with cobra internals.

i spit my drink all over the place
Old 09-10-2007, 01:14 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

as in all over the place you meant in this guys face and or vehicle. right?
Old 09-10-2007, 03:43 PM
ozz
2nd Gear Member

reminds me of this kid i want to school with had an 84 camaro with a 88 iroc motor and trans and a non posi rear he thought it was fast as **** always saying it was gonna twin turbo it with 15psi on the stock internals and i was just like yea and the trans was ****ed up and it shift so hard and he always tried to tell me it was a performance trans hah

my favorite defining moment was i was riding with him from votech to school and he almost crashed cuz that ****ty 305 with tpi setup had to much power for him and he turns to me and goes if it was a posi i could handle it better
Old 09-10-2007, 03:46 PM
p1bigun
2nd Gear Member

damn where did ya'll find that guy
Old 09-10-2007, 03:56 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

unfortunately he found us, but we had fun making fun.

the funny part is i dont think he gets we're poking fun at him, i bet he thinks we're debating with him......[>:]which we aren't!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:49 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

yah...fastblack...who knows maybe its a gene thing...stupidity might run down the line somehow lol....and ya jasper..i hope u didnt get it on ur vehicle..cuz thatd just be a waste lol...but i think i was drinkin a coke too when this kid said that...i just looked at my buddy sittin next to me in the truck and tried not to lose it all over his truck...
Old 09-22-2007, 02:59 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Oh ok well i guess im an assclown because i had a close friend who works at a machine shop look at the cam adder sold me and told me he wouldnt put that in any car because the whole end was grounded down and has a bunch of hand engraved numbers in it. And i called steeda and said they stamp all there cams. So sorry for taking a companys word and close friend over a randomguy on the internet whos already known to be a jerk.How about also adding that i dont believe for a second he didnt get it back which im sure he did and is just screwing me i sent it right back where it came from and then tells me it should of went to another address weeks later.SoKeith enjoy my money i should of known better than to buy a part from a guy like yourself so your right i am an assclown for that. Good luck to anyone else who decides to buy anything from him.

Originally i was not going to say anything, because it was just a matter between me and you, but if your going to just call me names like a lil kid to everyone on here and not say anything directly too methen i can give you the chance if youd like, because i will be in the boston area next month.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:42 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mustangkiler

Oh ok well i guess im an assclown because i had a close friend who works at a machine shop look at the cam adder sold me and told me he wouldnt put that in any car because the whole end was grounded down and has a bunch of hand engraved numbers in it. And i called steeda and said they stamp all there cams. So sorry for taking a companys word and close friend over a randomguy on the internet whos already known to be a jerk.How about also adding that i dont believe for a second he didnt get it back which im sure he did and is just screwing me i sent it right back where it came from and then tells me it should of went to another address weeks later.SoKeith enjoy my money i should of known better than to buy a part from a guy like yourself so your right i am an assclown for that. Good luck to anyone else who decides to buy anything from him.

Originally i was not going to say anything, because it was just a matter between me and you, but if your going to just call me names like a lil kid to everyone on here and not say anything directly too methen i can give you the chance if youd like, because i will be in the boston area next month.
first off, I never made the comment directing it towards you, nobody was the wiser until you opened your mouth.

second. I bought the cam directly from steeda, never used it, never machined it, never did anything to it. I literally pulled it out of the box, greased it up, and slid it into my 302... where it sat for months.

third. had your friend at the machine shop done what I had said, you would have seen that the cam was exactly what I told you it was. All you had to do was use a degree wheel, and a dial indicator, and you would have seen that the specs on the cam are spot on. hell, you could have even measured the end of it versus another cam and seen it wasnt machined down at all.

fourth. ofcourse the end of the cam WOULD look machined.... how in the hell do you think the cam maker smoothes down the end of the cam, assuring it will fit into the engine.

last. its not MY fault that you didnt return the cam to MY address, and now i cant find the cam. All you had to do was use the shipping address off my paypal account and everything would have been fine.

Quick Reply: used parts?