5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

NOS Super power shot vs NOS SNIPER

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:22 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default NOS Super power shot vs NOS SNIPER

So it looks like I might squeak by with enough hood clearence so I won't have to spend an arm and a leg for direct port NOS anyway the super powershot comes with 100 125 and 150 jetting where as the Sniper kit comes with 100 and 150 jetting......I'm not concerened with the 1 less jet option as I can just buy the missing set up.........Anyone using the sniper kit??? Pro's.... con's .....I've heard people say it's crap??? I'm carbed so this will be a plate set up if you don't already know........what are the advantages of the super power shot..........I'm not looking to spray more than A 150 shot ever as I don't want to push the motor to hard but more so with just a 100 shot it'll put me into need a cage territory and I'm not into that...
Old 09-11-2007, 11:53 PM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

Default RE: NOS Super power shot vs NOS SNIPER

pm fullauto. im sure that he could prolly give you a good honest opinion since he's kind of a nitrous junky/dealer
Old 09-12-2007, 04:27 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

SO IT'S THE SUPER POWER SHOT PLATE SYSTEM......so I hope the the ole play dough trick on the air cleaner gave me the proper clearence fugure if so we'll start at 100 and go to 150 shot!!! all the goodies are on order panhard bar ,wheel spacers,aluminum driveshaft and flywheel , axle girdle Nos system with gauge and purge kit and bottle heater......I'm, gonna stand on her hard!!!!it's been almost three years since she's been down the 1320.........where ya' at PRO?? I'm comin for ya' Nah just kidding....I'll probably send the intake about 50 feet in the air!!!! lol lol anyway gotta lot of work ahead of me and little time
Old 09-12-2007, 06:14 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

What's the kit cost?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:38 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

SO IT'S THE SUPER POWER SHOT PLATE SYSTEM......so I hope the the ole play dough trick on the air cleaner gave me the proper clearence fugure if so we'll start at 100 and go to 150 shot!!! all the goodies are on order panhard bar ,wheel spacers,aluminum driveshaft and flywheel , axle girdle Nos system with gauge and purge kit and bottle heater......I'm, gonna stand on her hard!!!!it's been almost three years since she's been down the 1320.........where ya' at PRO?? I'm comin for ya' Nah just kidding....I'll probably send the intake about 50 feet in the air!!!! lol lol anyway gotta lot of work ahead of me and little time
I'm planning on sending my intake up in the air too. I just put a 2 stage on my car. The kit came with2 300 shot jets. I wonder what a600shot would do to the stock bottom end.I think I'm gonna run with no hood on. I'd hate to ruin my new hood.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:55 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

sweet ZACH lets line em' up and see who can throw the intake the highest in the air!!!!

emmm fullauto I think tyhe kit was right around 400.00 I know through you I might of gotten somethingcheaper but I know you only take money orders or certified funds......and due to a recent loan that had to be paid off all my expendable cash was used so I had to put all the crap I bought on a credit card......but I am still trying to put away extra cash so I can purchase a stroker kit from you cause I have a block waiting for the build so I have you in mind and do appreciate all your help and replies
Old 09-12-2007, 10:09 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

If you need to borrow the 300 shot jets let me know. I'm probably gonna test the car at the track this sunday. I'm starting with a 100shot. I'll probably bump it up to a 150 at the rental day.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

yeah me too!! I'd like to start at 100 and maybe go to 150....300 is a little much for me besides if it goes and not blows on a 300 shot I'll be well into roll bar territory and then some...1 run at that pill at best before I get the ole "slow it down son" ..........Unfortunately I won't have any test on it before the drag days as I'll be installing the kit this weekend or monday.....If I can find adecent road to test it then that'll be it for a trial run!!!... I'm gonna start out with a 100 shot and only spray it in 3rd and 4th at first to test it...fro there depending on the result we'll see if I bump her up a notch...the kit I got coming has a 100 , 125 and a 150 shot
Old 09-13-2007, 08:21 AM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

I'd love to see a video of someone squirting a 300 shot[8D]
Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

would be sweet!!! but not gonna happen with me..I'd like to drive the car home with the head gaskets still intact

Quick Reply: NOS Super power shot vs NOS SNIPER