5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

most common problems with foxes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

Default RE: most common problems with foxes?

my ashtray was perfect when i got the car

i broke 1 pin on it myself so now u have to kind of pull it to get it move

i was more upset about that than breaking the door handle which is actually another similar situation. i broke the right side pin lol.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

Nobody mentioned the arm rests.. They are the biggest joke ever. The button on the center console, Headlight switches always burn out, noisy power steering, and the button on the end of the e-brake always rattles!!! haha
Old 09-13-2007, 12:49 AM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

Yeah door handles... my passenger one has been broken for a few months and I finally replaced both of them
Old 09-13-2007, 01:27 AM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 91hatchgt

Nobody mentioned the arm rests.. They are the biggest joke ever. The button on the center console, Headlight switches always burn out, noisy power steering, and the button on the end of the e-brake always rattles!!! haha

GRRR the Ebrake handle rattle dri ves me nuts. I hae to pull it up a tad to stop it. My biggest problems have been squeeks. My sunroof squeeks, my interior does a bit too and something underneath my car does when its cold out. I hate squeeking. But on the plus side my ashtray works like a charm. My interior is near flawless.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:43 AM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

Yeah I remember when I first got my fox, I could hear that damn rattle. It took me forever to finally figure out what it was. I was hitting the dash, holding my hand on the glove box, pressing on the passenger seat, then one day I finally tried putting my hand on the e-brake and miraculously the rattle stopped. I used to have to twist the e-brake release button until the spring had enough tension in it to stop it from rattling, then a few days later, it would do it again! I finally just got used to it I think.. Or maybe it's because I can't hear it anymore because the damn thing is so loud.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Fairlee
1st Gear Member

Same here. Damn ashtray cover is driving me crazy. Hope if I change it the color matches good.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:27 AM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

i have most of these problems listed and more. and usually everyday something new pops up ie: a rattle, grind, squeek, knock, lol the list goes on.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:26 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: 2 kwik

the main problem now is idots that are driving them
LOL... AMEN to that!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:40 AM
ACE
4th Gear Member

Cup holders and radio placement. I have 2 working ash tray doors in my parts pile but dont have a center console to put them on since I stripped it
Old 09-13-2007, 11:59 AM
red89notch

ashtray door broke, i found the perfect solution to this and will be doing it shortly......

gutting the interior out all together

speedometer is always broke, i fix the cable the sensor goes, i fix the sensor the dash speedomter goes out, then the speedo gear goes out, then it is repeat, if anything makes me go broke it is this darn speedomter, its $15 me to death!!!

o yea dont forget teh door hinge pins, not a big deal if they origianl ones were stamped in there, but nothing a sawall and a hammer and propane torch couldnt solve

most valuable tool in my tool box is by far the hammer, i have yet to work on my car and not use it, whether on my car itself or to throw it junk mustang parts sitting in my garage

all in all thou i love my car, and it is great to learn to work on the car, i do jsut about all the work myself its a project car to say the least, i dont think anyone has a mustang thats not a project car thou, once you do 1 thing you do more, its a never ending quest

Quick Reply: most common problems with foxes?