5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Car is Finalllyyyyy Painted, pics

Old 09-17-2007, 06:48 PM
golden_eye
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Car is Finalllyyyyy Painted, pics

Wow that came out great. It's a real sharp looking car and will get even better once you add some of the stuff you mentioned.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

nice car wroung section
Old 09-17-2007, 07:09 PM
90stangerlx

Thanks alot for the compliments guys, I appreciate it . I will work some on the engine a little later on, the engine bay is still the stock red color which looks disgusting, in a month or so im gonna pull the motor, do a little work to it and paint the bay flat black probably. The bumpers coversand side skirts are all part of the 4-piece lx body kit from Cervinis, they fit really good and yeaI really like the new look. Its screamin for rims so badly, its funny they were the best looking thing on the car when I pulled it up to the paint shop. Now it and the headlights are by far the worst thing about it. That being said , I didnt paint it myself, the original plan was to have a friend paint it at a local shop that he worked at but that was part of the reason it took so long to get it painted. We lost the privalage to get it painted suddently soI had to run around and get some quotes. I got it painted for $1480 out the door at a local paint and body shop. I highly recommend them to anyone in the central Fl area. pm me if your interested. Thanks again for the compliments
Old 09-17-2007, 07:11 PM
90stangerlx

ORIGINAL: 86_GT_Mustang

nice car wroung section
Sorry -I am a forum nub [&:]
Old 09-17-2007, 07:20 PM
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90stangerlx

ORIGINAL: 86_GT_Mustang

nice car wroung section
Sorry -I am a forum nub [&:]
No problem just letting ya know
Old 09-17-2007, 08:12 PM
ACE
4th Gear Member

looks good! Big question now, did you drop the serious money on the door mouldings or could you reuse your old ones? I know when I redid mine I had to buy new ones and spend almost 500 bucks on the damn things in the end.[:@]
Old 09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

looks nice, congrats
Old 09-17-2007, 09:00 PM
adumb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ACE

looks good! Big question now, did you drop the serious money on the door mouldings or could you reuse your old ones? I know when I redid mine I had to buy new ones and spend almost 500 bucks on the damn things in the end.[:@]
i had some damage on one of mine and one of the shops that quoted me some work said just the passenger side on cost 167 just outta control... luckily i found another place who is much better at there job and slaveged it.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
90stangerlx

i reused the old ones actually. I primed them with filling primer and had them sealed as well before spraying the base coat, it filled in all the nicks and scratches in the progress. only problem i had was the passanger side door moulding, i didnt notice until it was already painted but the thing is wavy as hell on the bottom, so eventually im gonna buy a new one and have them spray it and just install it for me. The hardest thing about all of it was removing the old adhesive tape.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:39 PM
90stangerlx

ORIGINAL: 94Yellow50

yep i agree it looks pretty good..i also think it needs some rims but i understand things take time lol...and money...i notice theres a couple more in the background...yellow sn95 n another fox...those urs two or just friends..not gonna lie..i like the yellow lol..(wonder why)...but again..like the car...nice job
sn95- sisters/ 93 fox- dads. My family owns 5 mustangs lol, 2 fox's, 1 67 vert, and 2 sn95's/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car is Finalllyyyyy Painted, pics