5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

window bushings(i am so lost)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:26 PM
adumb
3rd Gear Member

Default window bushings(i am so lost)

alright so bought those window bushings cause my windows go up all crooked and stuff. i was reading around on here and everyone said you don't need a rivet gun to do this. i got a couple thigns unbolted but no combination is letting me pull the window out. so if someone could please give me a explaination of what to undo and how to get the window out and do the bushings i would be forever indept to you. for the record i have a haynes manual which is probbaly the most useless book i have ever bought. i might be mroe info out of a stephen king novel then this useless book.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:26 AM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Default RE: window bushings(i am so lost)

The glass is in with 2 1/4" rivets. roll it down until you see them. Place a piece of wood behind where it is riveted just to stop it from going back but don't cover the rear of the rivret you are getting out. You need a puch and hammer and punch the center of the rivet out, then use a 1/4' drill bit and drill it out, might have to move the drill around and not straight through. Do the same to other side, now roll regulator down with glass in hand, push the part near the mirror down towards the ground. Once its off track pull it out, notice the 2 white washers that the rivets go in make sure the go on the same way.

Knock out the 4 rivets that hold the motor on, there are some bolts under the door and on top that hold the regulator on. Might be 2 more rivets but can't remember. Once all rivets and nuts are off, disconnect the window motor plug and you have to fanagile it out.

Pull the rod off the regulator and swap the bushings out, now reinstall. You nut and bolt the motor in if you have no rivets.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:50 AM
adumb
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: window bushings(i am so lost)

ORIGINAL: stang8689

The glass is in with 2 1/4" rivets. roll it down until you see them. Place a piece of wood behind where it is riveted just to stop it from going back but don't cover the rear of the rivret you are getting out. You need a puch and hammer and punch the center of the rivet out, then use a 1/4' drill bit and drill it out, might have to move the drill around and not straight through. Do the same to other side, now roll regulator down with glass in hand, push the part near the mirror down towards the ground. Once its off track pull it out, notice the 2 white washers that the rivets go in make sure the go on the same way.

Knock out the 4 rivets that hold the motor on, there are some bolts under the door and on top that hold the regulator on. Might be 2 more rivets but can't remember. Once all rivets and nuts are off, disconnect the window motor plug and you have to fanagile it out.

Pull the rod off the regulator and swap the bushings out, now reinstall. You nut and bolt the motor in if you have no rivets.
can i nut and bolt the window back on also? i don't havea a rivet gun