5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

the best of the best

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:57 PM
transamkid1985

Default the best of the best

i am planning on getting a stroker kit but i want the best one it is going to be a daily driver so i figured i would go with the 331 stroker instead of the oil drinking fast living 347. my question is who should i get it from and who is the best i have heard talk of dss, coast high, bennet but dont know of any web sites to get them from need helpPLEASE i have an ls1 to take care of . also what camwould give me the best results i dont really care how rough it is at idle i just want to make sure it is the best i used to have 2 third gen camaros and this is going to be my first 5.0 build.

WARNING: FIRST TIME FORD DRIVER AND I LOVE IT!!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 AM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: the best of the best

Haha, If adder saw this he would be red in the face!!!

They no longer have the oil consuming problems with the 347's. They have fixed the rod problems (kinda) so that is is much more efficient. They also last a lot longer than they used to. just FYI..

The best place for strokers is hands down fordstrokers.com ... They have awesome kits, a lot of upgrades, and unbeatable prices. Check them out.

When building a stroker, you want to get a custom grind cam. That way they can grind it special for the stroker for optimum performance. Check out Jayallen.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:41 AM
transamkid1985

sorry i just got my ford and i didnt know they fixed the oil consumption problem. well if they fixed this problem do you think the 347 would be the best application for me for a dd or do you think the 331 would be the best.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:35 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: transamkid1985

i am planning on getting a stroker kit but i want the best one it is going to be a daily driver so i figured i would go with the 331 stroker instead of the oil drinking fast living 347. my question is who should i get it from and who is the best i have heard talk of dss, coast high, bennet but dont know of any web sites to get them from need helpPLEASE i have an ls1 to take care of . also what camwould give me the best results i dont really care how rough it is at idle i just want to make sure it is the best i used to have 2 third gen camaros and this is going to be my first 5.0 build.

WARNING: FIRST TIME FORD DRIVER AND I LOVE IT!!!!!
1. wrong
2. hahaha and wrong
3. fordstrokers let me him build your shortblock for you. and do a 347
4. talk to jay allen at camshaftinnovations.com and let him do the cam for you

if properly built the motor will make every bit of 380-400rwhp easily

Old 10-02-2007, 07:56 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

yes i second the fordstrokers as i have not bought anything from him,but i have called woody and discussed a few things with him,very helpful.adder probaly knows some more stuff about them.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:47 AM
EliteTuners
3rd Gear Member

OR You could get ahold of FullAuto and get a cheap kit from him
Old 10-03-2007, 08:48 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: EliteTuners

OR You could get ahold of FullAuto and get a cheap kit from him
good luck with that.. FA doesnt post here anymore..

he got tired of the childish bull**** on here.

Fordstrokers is supposed to have very excellent quality.... but god damn... I ordered my engine aug 20th.... and I still dont have it!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:34 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

well he told me when i was talking to woody that for a shortblock built and delivered he said 4-6 weeks. cause they build them themselves , unlike other companies with laborers or whatever throwing your motor together.

but damn i hear u adder as i am waiting for some big goodies from the big brown truck too
Old 10-03-2007, 06:33 PM
transamkid1985

okay guys THANKS now all i need to know now is which would be best for a daily driver a 331 or 347. and i do agree with the childish @#%$ that goes on around here.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:19 PM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

Either one will work...

However, I'll throw in my .02.

If you go with the 347, go with the 1.175" piston/5.315" rod. This gives you the 347, without the pin intersecting the oil ring, thus eliminating the need for an oil support ring.