5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

king cobra

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:49 PM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

Default RE: king cobra

ORIGINAL: shicaca

How does the king cobra clutch compare to the F1 Racingclutch. I want agood softerfeeling clutch. Would you recomend a stage 1 or 2 for a mostly stock street mustang?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-RA...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-RA...QQcmdZViewItem

OK... lets asksome questions... have you ever heard of that company? Do they have a webste?? Is this some made in china crap that has a gimmick name???

No, No,YES!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:04 PM
crazypony
1st Gear Member

i have one but im not sure its from the same company you bought yours from.. i got mine from dynamic racing products out of plantation flordia.. pedal effort is real sitff i had to geta adjustable cable for it ran good for a while grabs good but 3 months of using it as a daily driver and having some fun beatin around on it and something went wrong.. im not sure fully adjusted cable and it sill doesnt go in gear.. i ripped 1st 2nd real good and went to 3rd and pedal effort was impossibly stiff like bust a nut stiff and i barely got it to third i babied it home and could not get it out of gear.. mine has to be a knock off anoter person on this forum bought the the one i have from the same company off ebay and is having issues with it.. i did a aod to t5 swap on mine and now im goin to try a stock one and see what happens.. i liked it alot while it ran lol
Old 10-04-2007, 02:03 AM
TTGreenSN95
3rd Gear Member

I have that clutch in my car I bought it from those same people off ebay,took 2days to get it.
It is a little stiffer than the stock clutch. I give this clutch hell!!!!!!!!and it hasnt so much as missed a beat yet....If I had to do it all over agian I would still buy it..its held up nice.
I think it is a knock off of the king cobra clutch it doesnt have ford stamped on it anywhere..???...
but for the money it has held up like a **** and thats all that really matters....right.....
Old 10-04-2007, 07:49 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: cleanfitty

How does the king cobra clutch compare to the F1 Racingclutch. I want agood softerfeeling clutch. Would you recomend a stage 1 or 2 for a mostly stock street mustang?

OK... lets asksome questions... have you ever heard of that company? Do they have a webste?? Is this some made in china crap that has a gimmick name???

No, No,YES!
Once again you have no clue[&:].........had you of done your research/homework...you'd know F1 racing stands IN SHORT FOR formula 1 racing which is the marketing strategy....why don't you give the company that is retailing the clutch a call like I did and stop forming an opinion based on no google results...which there are if you look hard enough. so here are the correct answers YES, NO(cause they wholesale not retail to general public) AND NO!!! .there was a time of day where no one had websites did we discredit companies back then too for that........!!!OH and like TTGREENSN95 says for the money that clutch works great for a D/D and some light track use......So I ask you nicely please refrain from giving advice on products you haven't researched properly or even used
Old 10-04-2007, 10:09 PM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

ORIGINAL: cleanfitty

No, No,YES!
Once again you have no clue[&:].........had you of done your research/homework...you'd know F1 racing stands IN SHORT FOR formula 1 racing which is the marketing strategy....why don't you give the company that is retailing the clutch a call like I did and stop forming an opinion based on no google results...which there are if you look hard enough. so here are the correct answers YES, NO(cause they wholesale not retail to general public) AND NO!!! .there was a time of day where no one had websites did we discredit companies back then too for that........!!!OH and like TTGREENSN95 says for the money that clutch works great for a D/D and some light track use......So I ask you nicely please refrain from giving advice on products you haven't researched properly or even used

So you fell for the name (its amazing what marketing can do to some folks)... Just throw some hype about it being a RACING STAGE 1,2,3 etc.and throw an F1 in there and people will go for it. (I know everyone associates F1 with Formula 1, but I'm pretty sure no one in F1 uses that brand) If it was so great why don't reputable companies like Summit or Jegs sell them (they would buy them wholsale, wouldn't they)? Or what about any local high performance shops? The company that is retailing the clutch just wants to push some products, so they'll tell you anything. Name one good reputable company that doesn't have website? They all do for many reasons, one being for product support, tech assist, warranty, tsb's etc. You can look on ebay and see retailers selling brake pads that are advertised as being "Made of Kevlar... The same material they use to make bulletproof vests, so these are the strongest brakes you can buy!!!" and I'm sure people fall for that and buy those as well. What we don't know is how much they will grind your rotors down, if they'll grab suddenly in the cold or wet weather, and/or if they'll fall apart or how good their braking capabilities and charachteristicsare. We just stick to trusted brands we know like Hawk, EBC, Raybestos, and Bendix for brakes.

I have yet to hear of any complains with centerforce, and many swear by Spec. The King Cobra seems to get mixed reviews. So if your going to do a major service like a clutch job and want good characteristics from it, buy something you can trust. That my opinion...
Old 10-05-2007, 10:05 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

**** king cobra...

get a Spec clutch
Old 10-05-2007, 11:44 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I didn't fall for the name and second of all I don't have any f-1 products on my car but I know some people who have and can comment on how well they worked......have you??? didn't think so........ bottom line is I used a fidanza flywheel rather than an f-1 because I was able to get it overnight cheaply...as for the clutch I reused my King Cobra as it has never let me down and It doesn't bother me what others think or say about the KC clutch because for me it pulls its freakin panties up hard to the aluminum fidanza flywheel and gives it one hell of a mating session!!!! bottom line is sooner or later no matter what clutch you have it'll fail..it's just a matter of time when it comes to racing
Old 10-05-2007, 08:07 PM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

I didn't fall for the name and second of all I don't have any f-1 products on my car but I know some people who have and can comment on how well they worked......have you??? didn't think so........
You couldn't pay me to put one of those on my car... so I would have to say no.

And Adder, just out of curiousity, why do you dislike the KC?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

I put in aHays stock replacement, and it has held great for 4 years.....but it not a "Performance" clutch so it isn't cool

Also, I went with a stock replacement figuring something has got to give, I would rather the clutch did than something else.(which it hasn't had to yet...)
Old 10-06-2007, 12:14 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

[align=right][sm=bangbang.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=sigh.gif]like I said no clue...........you done yet???? now go bug someone else!!!![/align]

Quick Reply: king cobra