5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

what you think

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 12:14 PM
95stang50
1st Gear Member

Default what you think

well i just wanted to kno how my setup is goin to perform and sound...does anyone have anything close to my setup....i just wanna kno my world products roush heads and E303 cam is goin to sound with my o/r h and dumped flows....im hopin its gonna sound mean sittin at an idle! all the guys in my auto tech class are rice fans.....im the only v8....whats this world coming too.....anyways how much more performance am i goin to get.....the teacher is excited for me to start on my project on monday....he gave me the go ahead! thanks guys....is that cam very lopey?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what you think

First off....If you just doing those mods for the sound, thats retarded.

I would choose a different cam. Sure its a good cam, but "outa date". There are many many new age cams that will suit you better. I assume its a 95 because your user name, so id go with a steeda #19 unless your going to get it tuned right away. Our computers in these cars suck with pretty much any cam unless you get a tune asap...

I wouldnt dump your flows either, especially with an o/r H pipe, it'll be waaaay too loud, unless ofcourse you like getting pulled over for stupid shyt like that.

Are you gonna run a differnt intake many ?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:41 PM
95stang50
1st Gear Member

alright dude well for one i got the heads and cam all for $380 i got them from a friend....and sorry that i want my car to sound good i guess im retarded....and i guess its my bad that im only 18 and in school so money is tight right now and just hopped on this deal because i dont have the money to buy anything brand new
Old 10-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 95stang50

alright dude well for one i got the heads and cam all for $380 i got them from a friend....and sorry that i want my car to sound good i guess im retarded....and i guess its my bad that im only 18 and in school so money is tight right now and just hopped on this deal because i dont have the money to buy anything brand new
dude, relax...everything he said was a good point...you shouldn't throw a cam in just for sound, that is retarted, but you have heads as well, so you are doing it right, or so it seems...the e 303 cam will give you a nice lope, jsut go over to youtube or something and listen to clips...there are many, many, many, many better cams out there..the steed 19 is a great choice for your car, because of how sensitive your computer is in the 95
Old 10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Curlytop
2nd Gear Member

you're going to do just fine. i figure as much for as age and school. thats' not a bad setup at all. my suggestion is look into the steeda #19 camshaft its made to work with our year car.

Steeda proudly offers the #19 Cam, similar to the popular #18 Cam, but with a slightly wider lobe separation angle for better vacuum at idle which is required by the more sensitive 94-95 Mustang...
[Learn More
Old 10-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Stroked91
2nd Gear Member

you want a ridiculously loud exhaust get some slp loud mouths as forcam i have to agree with the rest you just dont wanna throw a cam in there for a sound. the alphabet cams are still used and i have spokin to many people that have no complaints but def do some research first
Old 10-11-2007, 07:37 PM
backfire2007
2nd Gear Member

I really liked the way mine sounded when I first put the cam in there and no one ever told me it sounded bad or that there was something out there better than the E-cam, there is cam for everyone, I dont know why people hate on these cams. when you put that cam in there people will go out of their way to complement you kid. your next upgrade should be a good intake and some 4.10s