5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

The $50 paint job Mustang Style (56k warning)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:04 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Default RE: The $50 paint job Mustang Style (56k warning)

It's awesome that it's so easy to fix a scratch or chip, there's a lot to be said for that for sure.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
REDS 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Rattle can black on this old heap........

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...dF-100_008.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...dF-100_013.jpg
Old 10-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

ive seen body shops that do worse work than either of those...
Old 10-16-2007, 10:57 AM
HaV
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

ive seen body shops that do worse work than either of those...
Think it turned out great for what it is... I'll get some better pics after I finish the hood.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:02 PM
cbennett
3rd Gear Member

looks great for roll on
Old 10-17-2007, 06:56 PM
FordMustangXBA
4th Gear Member

Indeed, very nice work. I don't have the patience for that, lol.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:49 PM
88white5.0
2nd Gear Member

lmao i think he just looked at pics.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:11 PM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

Good god man.... Are you serious? Am I the only one that thinks that this is sick? A F*CKING ROLLER?????? And you are proud? of spending $50 and all that time to get an eggshell fininh? Come on guys give me a break! I can buy a gallon of sprayable tractor paint and thinner for less thst $30 at Tractor Supply! And you guys are praising this crap? And you wanna do a detailed write up and step by step instructions....and, and, others are concidering doing this to their cars?????? How old are you? let me guess...15....no,no 14. Am I close? Holy Mary mother of Christ, the forum is being taken over by idiots who want to paint cars with rollers and pull motors to fix their firing order! PRO...are you there?can you still hear me?? the lights are getting dimmer.....i'm getting scared, look..... it's my childhood pet, standing there by that really bright light..... I'm comming Spot, I'm comming into the light, wait for me..........
Old 10-18-2007, 12:27 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: creekrat

Good god man.... Are you serious? Am I the only one that thinks that this is sick? A F*CKING ROLLER?????? And you are proud? of spending $50 and all that time to get an eggshell fininh? Come on guys give me a break! I can buy a gallon of sprayable tractor paint and thinner for less thst $30 at Tractor Supply! And you guys are praising this crap? And you wanna do a detailed write up and step by step instructions....and, and, others are concidering doing this to their cars?????? How old are you? let me guess...15....no,no 14. Am I close? Holy Mary mother of Christ, the forum is being taken over by idiots who want to paint cars with rollers and pull motors to fix their firing order! PRO...are you there?can you still hear me?? the lights are getting dimmer.....i'm getting scared, look..... it's my childhood pet, standing there by that really bright light..... I'm comming Spot, I'm comming into the light, wait for me..........
agreed! but you gotta admit thats a pretty good job for a F*cking roller. but yea with the tractor paint, that how we use to paint my neighbors rally cars. pretty cheap and it actually lays down pretty good. we've even sprayed it with a high pressure sprayer once and it came out pretty well(house sprayers would be like your high pressure vs your typical HVLP car painter) i gotta say that tractor paint is nice stuff. i think thats actually how i might paint this car when i get the body work done so at least it looks decent till i get all my other mods done.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:34 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: creekrat

OK.....no one cares. Lets see you spend the time and put in the hard work to get a finish like that from a roll on paint job. He's not trying to win any awards for his car, and the paint does exactly what he wants it to do - make the car look decent for passes down the strip.

I wish this forum had a rep system, because I guarentee you would be getting negged by everyone else who read your dick-headed post.

Quick Reply: The $50 paint job Mustang Style (56k warning)