5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Dumb questions from potential buyers of your Stang

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:45 AM
MikeVa
2nd Gear Member

Default Dumb questions from potential buyers of your Stang

I'm trying to sell my 87 and have MANY 'interested' people. Of course none have any $$$$. Anyway, what are some of the dumb questions you get from potential buyers? The one I keep getting is: Does it have A/C? No where on my listing does it have A/C, yet they still ask. I explain it is geared more for performance, not creature comforts.
Another one asked what a 'quadrant' is. Yet they claim to have had Mustangs before. The same one asked, "how do you know you have an Edelbrock intake on it?"
"Um, open the hood." "It's written on the side"
(sigh)
- "Does it get good gas mileage?"
- "I'm looking for a daily driver for my wife"

On and on.

What's yours?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:56 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Dumb questions from potential buyers of your Stang

Well if your's is fairly modded and their looking for a daily driver and don't care for the extra power just state it in your ad that it's not reccommended for a daily driver due to the mods you've made and that if someone is looking for an above than normal stock performing car then this is the car for them.........that'll keep all the old guys who just want it for their wife away......the only problem that'll cause is now you'll get kids with no money tire kickin'........I when I sell a highly modded mustang usually don't let anyone test drive it until they come with money to pay for it and then if they don't like it they can back out.......When I say no test drives it tests their seriousness but everyones different
Old 10-16-2007, 10:48 AM
anthros
2nd Gear Member

"how fast is it?" "can i do donuts easily?" "i heard the mustang drives easier than a honda....." when i hear those comments or ones similar i break of the sell pretty quickly.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:56 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

im selling my iroc right now.... i get alot of

well can i drive it a few hours home... this is always right after i say... the bottom end has a bad knock...

i had some retard think i meant the rear....

and yea ive gotten the does it get good gas milage?

or the, im thinking about it for my daughter as a 1st car...

Old 10-16-2007, 11:03 AM
HaV
5th Gear Member

I got a TON of questions when I sold my cobra.. lots of really random things.. I had one guy who looked at it actualy look under the hood and ask if I could proove it was a cobra motor. If you have ever seen under the hood of a 96-98.. there is not a lot of question there.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:29 PM
mudvayne1
3rd Gear Member

I would hate when people asked to test drive it and I knew that was the only reason they came to look at the car. They weren't interested in buying it, they just wanted to drive a fast mustang.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

I don't disagree with asking about AC.
Even if it's not written in the ad, it may be an ac car with the compressor removed or it's simply not working. Simple question, give a simple answer. Ac is important to most buyers.

As for dumb questions. I like the mileage one because unless you put a number behind it. Mileage is relative. 20mpg might be terrible to some people or great to other. My answer is, " it's not bad. "
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
ACE
4th Gear Member

I had a 86 corolla with 244xxx miles on it and had a knock and the clutch was gone, and the guy asked if it would make it to Mississippi.... I told him sure. Sure enough he took it to mississippi and made it without a problem and the knock went away