5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Another try at the track.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:18 PM
jhall01
2nd Gear Member

Default Another try at the track.

I went back to the track with my s/c belt tight and advanced my timing to 14. well i still only got a 13.8 i do now realize that i am running lean. lol. i know yall told i was n i never said yall were wrong. it feels like when i shift into 3rd gear and into fourth it just falls on its face. i will be gettin ready to have the car tuned b4 next racing season begins. here are a couple of vids from that night. the old 65 chevy that im racing in one of the vids is my stepdads truck. it waxes my ***. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqDG3v6y5Mg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC6yKICiwoQ
Old 10-16-2007, 03:47 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Another try at the track.

what kind of heads and cam do you have?
Old 10-16-2007, 05:18 PM
jhall01
2nd Gear Member

stock heads and cam
Old 10-16-2007, 05:40 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Has it ever been on the dyno? If so, what's it putting down. I gots stock heads and cam too, but my junx ain't dat slow.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:46 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

Its alright,,I just didnt want you to hurt the motor....Now get that thing tuned and check the A/F.........Yepcould buy and mounta fuel pressure gauge where you can see it .Would let you know if your running out of fuel pressure..(Mines under my cowl hood on the outside)...What kind of fuel system are you running(sorry don't remeber if you said )? and what color where those injectors?
Old 10-16-2007, 05:49 PM
jhall01
2nd Gear Member

i believe its runnin lean thats why its so slow. the guy i bought the car off of said it had 350 at the flywheel. i dont believe him but thats what he said. n that was with a powerdyne s/c. ive got the same exact setup but with a paxton. i believe he is full of ****. because if he went n taken it to a dyno i doubt the people there would have left the stock injectors on there. im gonna take it to go have it tuned when i get some money saved up.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:51 PM
jhall01
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8banger

Its alright,,I just didnt want you to hurt the motor....Now get that thing tuned and check the A/F.........Yepcould buy and mounta fuel pressure gauge where you can see it .Would let you know if your running out of fuel pressure..(Mines under my cowl hood on the outside)...What kind of fuel system are you running(sorry don't remeber if you said )? and what color where those injectors?
i want to say that they were yellow.im not 100% on that. the guy told me that they were stock injectors.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jhall01

i want to say that they were yellow.im not 100% on that. the guy told me that they were stock injectors.
Woowww!!!!!....stock 19lb injectors....I had 30lb Red top Ford Racing Injectors and they where right on the limit @ 8psi(367 RWHP)on my vortech non intercooled...you'll need at least 30's...prob need42lb green tops and a new MAF...along with a fuel pump that can supply the needed fuel...
Old 10-16-2007, 06:22 PM
jhall01
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jhall01

Woowww!!!!!....stock 19lb injectors....I had 30lb Red top Ford Racing Injectors and they where right on the limit @ 8psi(367 RWHP)on my vortech non intercooled...you'll need at least 30's...prob need42lb green tops and a new MAF...along with a fuel pump that can supply the needed fuel...
yea the guy said that he put a bigger fuel pump in. whether hes lyin or not i dont know. i know it has an after market fmu. ill get the 42lb injectors but when i get my hci will the 42lbs be enough.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:29 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

I believe the 42lb injectors should feed 450 RWHP+ pretty easy.....
http://media.putfile.com/UMTR-5122007

Quick Reply: Another try at the track.